• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Tottenham: Verdict Thread

I guess my only gripe with us today was the corners. 9 times out of 10 we couldn't beat the first man.

What a finish to the game though, must have been some real limbs in the stands!

We're currently running at 3.8 shots on target per game. 12th in the league.
We're currently running at 1.33 goals per game.

So almost exactly a third of our shots on target are scored.

I can't find that exact stat for the entire league, we must be doing fairly well IMO as we rarely hit the target from outside the box.

What are you expecting? 2 goals per game, on current form we’d get 50 goals this season that’s very good for a side that is mid table.
Our best in a PL season is 51 in 19/20 season
I'm expecting the killer instinct and touch. I'm expecting serious improvement. If we want to be away from the relegation battle, we need to score more goals when we are the dominant team. If we had scored more goals at critical times in certain games, those shitty ref/VAR decisions wouldn't matter. A point GON correctly made last week.

I'm expecting the killer instinct and touch. I'm expecting serious improvement. If we want to be away from the relegation battle, we need to score more goals when we are the dominant team. If we had scored more goals at critical times in certain games, those shitty ref/VAR decisions wouldn't matter. A point GON correctly made last week.
If we keep playing as we are we’ll be completely fine, seems to me. Not challenging for Europe but we don’t rightfully have the squad to do that and GO isn’t making up that gap at this stage (and he may never be that guy).

The most frustrating 90 minutes I can remember watching us. Time after time we got into good positions only to find a way to mess it up. Misplaced passes, overhit passes, dribbling into players, delaying the cross and allowing a defender to block it - you name it we did it again and again. And then simply brilliant. Spurs must be kicking themselves that they were so passive after their early goal.

Everyone did pretty well. Seemed was excellent until he got in sight of their penalty box, Ran lived up to his name and produced a couple of outrageous drag backs. Three CHs fairly solid. Bellegarde looked a yard off the pace in the first half but improved a bit in there second but overall his awful shot when he should have played Cunha in summed his day up. Cunha battled hard and had some good moments. Pick of the starting XI were Super Mario and Gomes who worked their socks off and made a tremendous number of tackles and interceptions, Lemina's winning goal earning him my MOTM. Doherty was pretty anonymous, Sasa got a foot in a few times but Sarabia was outstanding - his goal was simply brilliant.

The ref did really well, especially his awareness that Spurs players seemed to have an automatic reflex when tackled to fall down and hold their head. A couple of times towards the end he ignored them and miraculously they recovered instantly.

I know Spurs had players missing but bringing in Hojberg, Dier and Davies with Bentancur and Lo Celso on the bench shows the difference in depth the big clubs have. In the end it was a deserved result that should not be overshadowed by them missing a few regular starters.

The goal aside Gomes was on a par. Both of them were immense - so many tackles and interceptions.
Yep I referred to both of them totally dominating midfield, to me it looked like Lemina was motm but I only watched on TV so I defer to you DW who were there.

I love the spirit and attitude of this team, but we seem to constantly be battling against the individual weaknesses of so many of our players. Doesn't seem right to elaborate tonight though. Chuffed!

It is very much individual errors and lapses in concentration letting us down. We do have a tendency to get really fired up too - prior to the winner we were flying in and crowding Spurs players out, and largely just committing silly unnecessary fouls. Great to see the passion but there can be a lid on it too.

Just read Fighting Cocks, my god what a bunch of self entitled cocks.

According to them the ref let us kick them of the park, and Dawson should have walked for kicking Son.

Fuck me Son Rugby tackled Dawson

Back