• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - Ipswich 1 - a dissapointing end? verdict thread

I thought he played well today.

That goal was unforgivable. Ipswich didnt offer much going forward so he dealt with everything else well. I agree with Quirk in that Batth is the worse of the two but Stears has bottled it in the last 3 games when we needed him most.

Ipswich were horrible to watch, just like we were the vast majority of McCarthy's time here. It was like watching a Wolves performance of 5 years ago. He's a decent bloke but a horrible manager whose sides play God awful to watch football. I hope Ipswich go up so I can laugh at their ineptitude in the PL.

As for Wolves, too many poor performances in 3 crucial games and in typical Wolves fashion we've bungled a great opportunity to fight our way back to the top league. Crying shame that when we really needed him today Sako was worse than useless. Doesn't mean he's a shit player though and I'd still have him next year if possible.

Standout players for me today: Iorfa, Dicko, Stearman (despite the og) and McDonald. Everyone else was pretty bloody poor.

No he wasn't. They clashed heads but that was after Stears had headed the ball.

I thought he got barged in the back as he jumped for the ball to be honest and that's why his header was mis-timed. I'd have to see it again to change my mind.

There was maybe a slight nudge from the arm but it was nothing really.

I thought he got barged in the back as he jumped for the ball to be honest and that's why his header was mis-timed. I'd have to see it again to change my mind.

The timing of his contact & Smith's on him would be the crucial factor's - thought that Smith caught him just before he met the ball, but despite seeing it 3 times am not 100% sure.

I am 100% sure. Smith caught him afterwards. It was Stearman's head rebounding off the ball into his.

I am 100% sure. Smith caught him afterwards. It was Stearman's head rebounding off the ball into his.

You may be right, but academic now anyway. Still a poor goal to give up to an Ipswich team that didn't create much else

Second half when we actually decided to fucking turn up we had some joy with vlp and iorfa down the right hand side.
So why was vlp took off?...yes Sako can come up with a bit of magic in any one match but how long do we have to wait for this magic?.he should have been took off not vlp.
And love Afobe but hes got to put in some legwork on opposing defenders.he needs to be closing players down and applying pressure when he doesnt have the ball.
Thought Dicko and Iorfa worked hard but some of the players looked like they had already given up.
Ipswich??...fuck what an horrible ugly physical boring team.

The head to head contact, yes 100% after. I thought the nudge in the back was before and affected bis jump.

I think some are over reqcting, and just expect too much. We have some really good players at the club, some young players with potential and some where we could definitely strengthen.

He wasn't axtuallyntoo bad today, but for the life of me I am sick of Edwards at centre midfield

McDonald and Dicko our best players I thought

Lord 'elp us if Sako's our best player!
Dougan, Hibbitt, Wagstaffe, & Richards would piss on him. He's an inconsistent mercenary. OK, when he plays well, he's a killer, but how often is that. We need players that will play a 'blinder' EVERY match, not just when they can be bothered to.

As would most players from a team in the top half of the top league which is what that team were. Unfortunately two of them are dead, so they aren't much use to us now. Neither were they good every week, mostly due to the "benefits" of beer and fags that players of that era enjoyed. And yes, I did see them play.

Sako wasn't at the game today, but in his time here has been far more positive than negative.

If he moves on in the Summer then he will go with my thanks for what he has done for us, but remain to be convinced that he will light up the Premier league

As would most players from a team in the top half of the top league which is what that team were. Unfortunately two of them are dead, so they aren't much use to us now. Neither were they good every week, mostly due to the "benefits" of beer and fags that players of that era enjoyed. And yes, I did see them play.

Brilliant!! I don't remember too many 'off days' from those players, though. Maybe Sako & Co. should take up smoking and drinking beer.

That's the point though Croxden. You aren't comparing apples and apples. You are comparing a championship playoff challenging team with a team that got to the bloody UEFA cup final.

If we want to play Dicko and Afobe together then I think we need to sign 2 new starting midfield players, with all round games. Evans is the only one we have vaguely suited to playing in a 2 and he seems to have disappeared. Price and McDonald are both good at what they do, but both are limited. We need our midfield to contribute goals, this season they have one between them and that Price knew nothing about. McDonald's shooting today was embarrassing and has been all season.

Brilliant!! I don't remember too many 'off days' from those players, though. Maybe Sako & Co. should take up smoking and drinking beer.

You must have been on the beer yourself then. I can remember plenty.

Surely someone of Mcdonalds ability can learn to shoot to a semi decent level?

i think KMac learned his shooting skills from Mark Rankine !!!

Surely someone of Mcdonalds ability can learn to shoot to a semi decent level?

You'd need to improve his mobility by some extent to even get him into enough shooting positions to make that worthwhile.

Back