• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - Ipswich 1 - a dissapointing end? verdict thread

Negative-Stearman was off the boil as was Sako ( badly) RVLP gives the ball away more often than he finds a gold shirt and Edwards is anonymous at times. Ikeme has yet to keep a clean sheet since he returned
Positive- Dicko looked sharp and Afobe took his chance well. KM did well

Other teams have done us a favour today although Wigan will be up for it given their result next match. Shame. Ipswich have forest and Blackburn. No shoo ins. Just win both our last 2 games and see where it leaves us.

Our poor form in November spawned a monster and it has cost us a possible trip to London. I don't think there is any need to panic though, these things take time and over the last two seasons I think the players can say "I don't owe you anything".

Quite likely, I know it's over for this season but I hope Kenny and the team don't think "I started something I couldn't finish". Is it really so strange to be disappointed at falling just a little short when you consider where we were when Kenny came in?

In the current climate, money changes everything and I think there needs to be some serious investment over the summer because we are not short of being a title winning side. We spent most of the 90s going nowhere fast and I don't want to go back to those days again.

The worst thing that could happen would be a black cloud to descend over the club where missing the play offs is seen as a failure. Yes, we will be disappointed but we need to maintain the optimism if the last two years because such a little thing makes such a big difference.

For DW.

Black Cloud is a Morrissey solo song. Im disappointed TSB..

My man of the match today was Dominic Iorfa. To ask a young lad to play the role of two players is quite frankly embarrassing... Isnt it Rajiv Van La Fucking Parra..

I thought Vlp had a decent game to be honest. Definately wouldnt pick on him ahead of Edwards, sako or Henry....

I thought he was tripe. The amount of times I saw Iorfa ahead if him and VLP nowhere near to receive a pass. Also If Im going along the lines of slagging him off then for me he he struggles with thought during a game, the amount of times he's got the ball and runs into brick walls is unforgivable. Definitely need two more wingers next season.

We're those at the points sako was on the right and Vlp was on the left? Like the goal for example...

Vlp definately has some very strong points, and some big weaknesses but if he had the good bits and not the bad bits, he wouldn't be playing for us...

You can throw little snippets all you like, the majority of Van La Parra's game is weak as fuck. I've got two fucked up legs and I bet I can cross a ball better.

It was one of his better games today I thought but I still don't rate him that much.

His movement through the middle, although the finish was a fairly poor effort (still on target mind) created the goal. Good pass by McDonald too

Damn disappointed, such a little thing makes such a big difference as well.... :-(

VLP just hasn't done it but unlike others Kackett obviously sees something in him that keeps him in and around the first team. It is his first season but there hasn't been enough shown on the pitch to suggest he can turn potential into reality. I want him to be taking in players and raining crosses in, but his crossing us erratic - or I want him running at defenders and having a shit, but his shooting is woeful.

We probably need to score 6 or 7 goals in the next two matches to stand a chance and he isn't going to contribute much to that.

Im disappointed if that's not a typo with Jackett TSB...

If he's running at defenders and having a shit it might make them get out of his way I suppose

Frankly i think we have exceeded my own expectations for this season, and can be rightly proud of the last 2 years.

For me however the buck stops, (as much as i like the bloke) with KJ. too many weird selections at crucial times, prime example, Boro the other night, IMO, it was a team that set out for a draw, and didn't get it.

If the team are not up for crucial games, then that has to be down to KJ. Love or hate mick, he could send out a bunch of talentless athletes who knew how to scrap, and it seems he did just that today.

Wolves are still a championship side, good?, yes, but not brilliant, and I do believe that the same can be said of KJ, and he needs to believe in himself more, and when he has built a team to attack with scintillating pace, to have the courage to send them out there to do just that, especially in crucial games.

He seems to have two plans, but in being unable to decide week to week which is plan A and which is plan B, he is guilty of, if anything, the classic mistake of too often falling between 2 stools.

A player or two in the summer could solve his problem.

Whether or not Sako stays or goes, to be slagging the guy off for a poor game today after his contribution over the last season or two, is sadly, so typical of many Wolves supporters.

Croxden, I loved the Wolves team of your dreams, i trained with them and got pissed in the laffayette with them, and they were a great side, but to suggest none of them ever had an off game, is at best wishful thinking.

Sako apart from a couple of Fletcher moments has been an exemplary Wolves player that has given his all. He's scored one short of 50 goals in 170 odd games for us. I reckon adding 20 odd assists onto that as well. Sako will leave Wolves with his head held high and should be treated with a lot more respect then at times by a small minority.

Back