• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What can Fosun do now?

Eh?
We have agreed they made a mistake. We have not agreed that they have also rectified that mistake by investing in Lope and the team. That took care of itself. The bigger point here is that a lot of people are pissed off by the price increase and just want to have a fucking moan at everything they possibly can without any balance to their argument.
There’s plenty of balance. You just don’t like it.

Who did they have in place advising them on these signings. Just chucking money at players is only a fraction of the process who properly scouted Guedes and Fabio? What due diligence was done on their suitability?
It’s like saying Moshiri at Everton at that bad because he was prepared to splash the cash.
Problem is not having the right people in place making football decisions.
So, the person advising them was Mendes. The same person who brought them some very good players and achieved our highest finish, twice running, in decades. You want to crucify them for two signings that didn't work out. Have at it.

Proof will be in the pudding with the tickets. If we’re playing shit they won’t shift them, if we’re scoring goals and a good watch then they probably will.

But the facts are they’ve raised the prices and they’ve sold all the tickets. As a result their plan has been successful thus far.

The argument was made that people couldn't afford to go to watch a game. Wolves annonce that season tickets have sold out. The tosh is that people can't afford to go when they clearly can. It's absolute tosh to deny otherwise.
Well I think your take on their official announcements, mixed with your previous assumption that we’ve ‘made £3m already’ (hope you’re not in the finance team) say it all really. Carry on!

So... let's pretend they didn't sign them. They'd then be knocked for missing out or not being prepared to invest in the team.
Pretty sure I wouldn't have been bothered about "missing out" on Fabio Silva (never heard of him until two days before he signed) or Gonçalo Guedes (an appalling footballer who looked awful every time I watched him for other teams).

A mere £62m on that pair.

So, the person advising them was Mendes. The same person who brought them some very good players and achieved our highest finish, twice running, in decades. You want to crucify them for two signings that didn't work out. Have at it.

Really someone can no doubt do a list of all of Mendes signings and there’ll be a hell of a lot more. Plus an agent isn’t a scout or head of recruitment, Mendes can recommend but you also need people in place who can say actually say it wont work.

Well I think your take on their official announcements, mixed with your previous assumption that we’ve ‘made £3m already’ (hope you’re not in the finance team) say it all really. Carry on!
Nice twist but complete and utter bollocks.

When have fosun spent their cash? I'm not sure but I think they've only been spending cash generated by wolves. Not that fosun have to spend their own money on wolves, but they don't get credit for spending (wasting) money wolves generates

Pretty sure I wouldn't have been bothered about "missing out" on Fabio Silva (never heard of him until two days before he signed) or Gonçalo Guedes (an appalling footballer who looked awful every time I watched him for other teams).

A mere £62m on that pair.
Dead easy to criticise after the event. How about Raul? Hardly anyone had heard of him. Widely recognised as a failed player, then we signed him.

Then we could go into all the signings that have worked out. The players we have made a profit on.

So sure, criticise the failures, ignore the successes.

Proof will be in the pudding with the tickets. If we’re playing shit they won’t shift them, if we’re scoring goals and a good watch then they probably will.

But the facts are they’ve raised the prices and they’ve sold all the tickets. As a result their plan has been successful thus far.

Not aimed at you Punts, but the fact that this is now the accepted version of this saying annoys me far more than it really should.

'The proof of the pudding is in the eating'. People need to get it correct. Rant over.

Really someone can no doubt do a list of all of Mendes signings and there’ll be a hell of a lot more. Plus an agent isn’t a scout or head of recruitment, Mendes can recommend but you also need people in place who can say actually say it wont work.
There was me thinking we had a Head Coach, coaching and recruitment staff. Even with that, mistakes will happen at every club and sometimes they aren't even mistakes... just that things don't work out for either party for one reason or another. Football is littered with failed transfers. You never made a mistake?

When have fosun spent their cash? I'm not sure but I think they've only been spending cash generated by wolves. Not that fosun have to spend their own money on wolves, but they don't get credit for spending (wasting) money wolves generates
They've most certainly underwritten our losses.

Not aimed at you Punts, but the fact that this is now the accepted version of this saying annoys me far more than it really should.

'The proof of the pudding is in the eating'. People need to get it correct. Rant over.
The phrase has been changed. No one can be arsed to say that many words. Think you might need to get over it 😉

There was me thinking we had a Head Coach, coaching and recruitment staff. Even with that, mistakes will happen at every club and sometimes they aren't even mistakes... just that things don't work out for either party for one reason or another. Football is littered with failed transfers. You never made a mistake?

If due diligence was done I’d accept it but it absolutely wasn’t on both.
Anybody of any football knowledge would know Guedes wasn’t going to work, many on here were saying don’t do it.
I’m not perfect far from it but I am objective.
I’ve applauded Fosun for their work from 2017-2020 after that it’s been poor.

Also, Fosun’s “normal” mistakes wouldn’t be hounded so badly if they weren’t also gaslighting the supporters.

They’ve made this bed themselves. People aren’t hating them just for funsies.

They have put their money into the club.

We did have a debt of £126m to them and they effectively wrote that off a couple of years ago.

No clue if we have new loans owed to them though (someone on here will)

Back