• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Sam Johnstone

Villa mate loves him. I think this is a slight upgrade.
I remember thinking that Albion had done very well in signing him a few years back...

He went on to have a great season in the champ and their subsequent relegation couldn't be blamed on him at all.

Acquitted himself quite well in the PL so far and only lost his place at Palace through an unfortunate injury.

Palace fans seem to question whether that injury has affected him long term...

As long as it hasn't I'm quite happy to have him on board.

Probably standing still in terms of ability, but meets the usual profile of Fosun downsizing. Selling our old GK as we can flip him for profit, replacing him with a cheaper version. Neither is actually a fit for what the manager wants when it comes to style of play. If Johnstone can do it then he hid it well doing hoofball at Albion.

On the face of it making money from Sa and replacing him with someone of similar quality is actually not that bad a move - but it would be silly for me to think the money is going anywhere. Prorities are so wrong when the club is doing this kind of cashing in but neglecting what will cost us far greater long-term (Premier League status).

Least we have actually bothered to sign a replacement this time before selling, unlike at CB.

According to Fab Rom he had his medical on Wednesday

Saving him for tomorrow.

Deals confirmed on deadline day please fans more (for some reason)

Saving him for tomorrow.

Deals confirmed on deadline day please fans more (for some reason)
I remember when we signed Michael Gilkes on deadline day in 1997, the E&S printed a photo of him holding a wall clock showing at 4.58pm, because we only got the deal through two minutes before the close.

Highlight of his Wolves career.

I remember when we signed Michael Gilkes on deadline day in 1997, the E&S printed a photo of him holding a wall clock showing at 4.58pm, because we only got the deal through two minutes before the close.

Highlight of his Wolves career.
Great assist for Keane at Bolton

That. Was. It.

Fucking hell even the introduction videos look cheap as fuck now
Got a lot to do (hopefully), limited time to fit them in

Also, all the budget will be on Andre doing this dance in the West Park Lake

yaThbq.gif

Got a lot to do (hopefully), limited time to fit them in

Also, all the budget will be on Andre doing this dance in the West Park Lake

yaThbq.gif
I was wondering who was going to be the first to do this.

Surprised me that it was you that sank so low...

I was wondering who was going to be the first to do this.

Surprised me that it was you that sank so low...
Funny giffage is acceptable and within my very low standards....however I won't sink to the puns that this signing can attract.

I think this is a shrewd and necessary signing.

Regardless of my opinion of Sa, every team needs two competent keepers at this level.

It will be interesting to see the effect a more competent, experienced keeper has on our back four - especially in playing out from the back.

The modern day keeper has more to do than just save shots and I’m hoping Johnstone will give our defenders a bit more confidence as to what’s behind them.

Back