• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Sam Johnstone

Dinowolf

Reaction score
Deal now agreed according to Fab Rom for £10m from Palace
S-to-M (completed)

Last edited:
I fucking really hope he does well, infact better than well

Still hope as the medical has yet to be completed.

Johnstone had quite a few games out last season with injuries.
Fingers crossed on the medical.

Two keepers who are a similar level, one is 31 and home grown, buy for £10m, one is 32 and an overseas sell for £20m.

Get £10m, get a younger keeper, free up an overseas spot!

Ex Albyun bastard.

Johnston give us a wave, Johnson, Johnson give us a wave.

Two keepers who are a similar level, one is 31 and home grown, buy for £10m, one is 32 and an overseas sell for £20m.

Get £10m, get a younger keeper, free up an overseas spot!
This is how I see it. Two keepers who when in form are at similar levels, so seems decent business if Sa goes for more than Johnstone signs for...

Sa had a great first season at Wolves, he's never been as good since. He was up and down last season, erratic for some time and has had a poor start to this campaign.

Let's hope Sam settles in quickly and he proves to be a decent signing.

Screenshot_20240828-191106.png

Disclaimer: Stats will only carry you so far, and it obviously ignores that Johnstone played his games under Hodgson who is stylistically different to O'Neil but...

In a per 90 comparison between Sa and Johnstone, Johnstone completed/attempted fewer short and medium length passes but lead on attempted/completed long passes.

Obviously, he might be able to play out from the back but he was under instruction to go long from Woy which skewed his data but equally, if he can't do it then our super duper scouting department have contrived to identify a goalkeeper that doesn't have the profile the manager is hoping for?

Juries out for me.

Back