• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

Maybe a shift to 3 at the back if we're buying this may CB's? Iorfa, Hause & Miranda would definitely be able to play on the outside of a back 3, Batth, Bennett & Cardoso competing for the central spot. Silvio, Marshal, Ofosu-Ayeh, Doherty (boke) as wing backs. Saiss plays as part of a back 3 for Morocco as well.

Maybe a shift to 3 at the back if we're buying this may CB's? Iorfa, Hause & Miranda would definitely be able to play on the outside of a back 3, Batth, Bennett & Cardoso competing for the central spot. Silvio, Marshal, Ofosu-Ayeh, Doherty (boke) as wing backs. Saiss plays as part of a back 3 for Morocco as well.

Signed copy on Nuno's desk when he arrives?

51UK6vWmxBL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Marshall and Silvio wouldn't have the engine to play as wingbacks, I wouldn't trust Doherty to do that job any more than I'd trust Prince Phillip on a cultural visit to China.

3-4-3 is in vogue but we'd need so many new players all over the place to make it even vaguely viable.

We need new players all over the place to make any formation vaguely viable...

I am going for this 1,000%, it,s kind of like the dambusters come to wolves. This is ride well worth buckling in for, and for me the 3_year contract says that Fosun will back him full tilt.

Bennett a bit like the Nouble signing under TC maybe. Already agreed before the point where Fosun had decided to get rid of Lambert...or just they see him as a good 4th or 5th choice who will come cheap and replace EEL for that role.

Can't sign for another UK club until he's in the last month of his contract I don't think? So wouldn't be able to have a deal 'set in stone' until tomorrow at the earliest.

The wild ride now starts - at least with a clear out of the coaching team as well a chance for new views/thinking to come into play & no blinkered advice on the existing players

Has a more than decent CV, unlike other recent incumbents

The number of comments in UK based websites etc that he doesn't have any experience of a wet Tuesday night in Barnsley is enormous - not sure what thats got to do with it as suspect they play evening games & it does sometimes rain in Portugal and Spain.

You are in a football stadium - doesn't matter what town it's in it's still grass

The number of comments in UK based websites etc that he doesn't have any experience of a wet Tuesday night in Barnsley is enormous - not sure what thats got to do with it as suspect they play evening games & it does sometimes rain in Portugal and Spain.

You are in a football stadium - doesn't matter what town it's in it's still grass

Yeah I'm sure Copenhagen and Brugge were lovely during the winter months when he was managing in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE last season.

Bloody typical i put phone down and go offline for a few hours and it all happens. Really genuinely delighted with this appointment, I have not witnessed in my time as a Wolves fan a managerial appointment of this calibre. I think it might be a slow start as he will need time to get some of his own players in and settled. I think a reasonable start with a stronger finish to the season is more than possible.

brilliant stuff now lets get some players in chop chop!!

Its a useless argument, 5 of the top 6 in the Championship this season were managed by foreign coaches, really hindered them didn't it?

Its a useless argument, 5 of the top 6 in the Championship this season were managed by foreign coaches, really hindered them didn't it?

Just amazed that people keep trotting out this line when it clearly has no bearing on success

Phew, great to see this has happened so soon after the season end. Hoping for some interesting transfer activity which should give us some indication of what we can expect for the season ahead. It's certainly not a treading water appointment with his back room staff on board.

This is presumably what they wanted to do last year, but were stymied with the takeover completing so close to the season starting.

Really excited with this appointment, as well as the change of backroom team.

Get some quality players in to compliment Costa and Cav and we could really be onto something.

May have to start popping up for games more often now.

Cycle begins once again. Now we have a Mendes approved manager and will no doubt be bringing in more Mendes approved players. Going on last season's success in how collectively that worked, I'm pessimistic for next season unless results show otherwise.

Like Lambert wasn't, Nuno will have to be given time. This will be interesting if he can pull off all the tactical theory explained here: http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/07/29/tactical-philosophy-nuno-espirito-santo/

Cycle begins once again. Now we have a Mendes approved manager and will no doubt be bringing in more Mendes approved players. Going on last season's success in how collectively that worked, I'm pessimistic for next season unless results show otherwise.

Like Lambert wasn't, Nuno will have to be given time. This will be interesting if he can pull off all the tactical theory explained here: http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/07/29/tactical-philosophy-nuno-espirito-santo/

Without Costa and Cav we would have been a hell of a lot closer to relegation.

I think that's a statement we can all get behind!

Wouldn't matter who the manager was, that is always the case

Back