• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

Welcome to Captain Nuno, I'm sure the good ship Molineux will suit you well.

3 year deal, apparently. Been a while since we did that, hasn't it?

We've been one-year rolling since McCarthy, I think.

Now all he needs to do is wrestle the keys to the transfer kitty off of Thelwell.

Apart from Zenga who got a 1 year fixed for obvious reasons.

Excited by this, great news. To me the Fosun era is now starting for real

He seems in a very similar mould to Lopetegui.

Excellent news - delighted it's all confirmed. Looking forward to the unveiling.

Excellent news - delighted it's all confirmed. Looking forward to the unveiling.

"Ever since I was a young boy in Sao Tome, it has always been my dream to work with defenders as skilled and unruffled as Ryan Bennett"

I think this is the first time I've ever been really excited about a Wolves managerial appointment. Clearly it will end in disaster now :icon_lol:

"Ever since I was a young boy in Sao Tome, it has always been my dream to work with defenders as skilled and unruffled as Ryan Bennett"

Could be worse he could say "Ryan Bennett & Matt Doherty"

I think this is the first time I've ever been really excited about a Wolves managerial appointment. Clearly it will end in disaster now :icon_lol:

I think it's the first time I've seen my Twitter feed excited. I'm a bit unnerved.

Let's see...

Taylor: I was still scarred by watching his England teams. Didn't feel right at all
McGhee: Well up for this one. He was very much the next big thing. Rated higher than Martin O'Neill at the time. Obviously he was shit
Lee: Meh, we just kind of drifted into it when he did ok as caretaker
Jones: I think I did actually want him, certainly in preference to Bassett. I didn't know what an infuriating bastard he would turn out to be
Hoddle: Did not want, already knew about his awful transfer record, superficially nice but ultimately ineffective football and his Messiah complex
Mick: My #1 choice on the day we started looking. And we got him. That's never happened before or since. I also recommended him to Jez at the FP so I'll have that assist
Solbakken: Wasn't sure how to react. A bit like this, it felt like the start of a new era and a different way of thinking. We didn't commit to it though
Saunders: I don't think I need to go over this again
Jackett: Happy enough. Definitely better than some of the other candidates (Coyle/Davis/Ince). At least I trusted him with the immediate goal
Zenga: Gave him a chance but....realistically I knew as well as the rest of you, this wasn't going to work
Lambert: Best of a bad bunch and when that's the nicest thing you can say then the portents are never that good

Exciting times ahead can't wait for the season to start now. The Fosun project is finally starting

Back