• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

It really is mind-boggling that we have got that Porto coaching team at Wolves!

As for the comment I saw a little earlier "Nuno? Someone is paying back to Mendes a favour!"... I think it is Mendes who has done US a huge favour! There is no way we should be able to attract a manager with that pedigree at the moment with where we are
Maybe he meant Nuno is the one repaying the favour?

Woke up this morning feeling very positive about the Wolves, still cant believe this appointment. I was worried a few weeks back, im not worried now! Well done Fosun any marginal doubts I had have gone, cant wait to see what the next month brings.

The Mendes influence has payed off massively twice now, first Costa now Nuno (could say 3 as I think Cav is going to be epic this season!!) and I hope he has a few more surprises in store.

Does anyone know if the press conference at 10.00 will be live streamed? Can't see anything on the wolves website.

Tony Daley was a fat knacker? The state of him....

Or Norman is actually a 15 year old girl...

Ha ha - I have many fantasies but that isn't one of them. No, all of us on the forum have our pet hates/worries/theories - mine was the fitness of some of our players. And I don't equate being a beast with being especially fit for football - not unless George Elokobi rocks up as Chelsea's fitness trainer

What are people's thoughts on the Costa situation? Everybody at one time assumed he would be sold in the summer, but do you think he will stay now NES has arrived?

He'll do what he's told to do.

What are people's thoughts on the Costa situation? Everybody at one time assumed he would be sold in the summer, but do you think he will stay now NES has arrived?

Depends who we sign. If its 4 or 5Mendes guys then he will probably stay unless a really silly bid comes in!

I would say it's less likely now especially if Nash's 'big fish' comments are to be believed.

I know someone who has had a fair bit of contact with Costa, and other wolves players, mainly from when Zenga was in charge. I have no reason to doubt what I was told, which is:

"Costa is a family man. Fairly quiet, wants to take care of himself and his kin. Very professional. Not interested in any billy big boots bollocks."
Anecdotally he's a very polite, and quite reserved person. My mate says he's got a really good character.

Depends who we sign. If its 4 or 5Mendes guys then he will probably stay unless a really silly bid comes in!

I agree. I think he would relish the thought of playing with some more talented individuals around him, and he would miss playing with Dave Edwards if he left. Those killer passes ...

I know someone who has had a fair bit of contact with Costa, and other wolves players, mainly from when Zenga was in charge. I have no reason to doubt what I was told, which is:

"Costa is a family man. Fairly quiet, wants to take care of himself and his kin. Very professional. Not interested in any billy big boots bollocks."
Anecdotally he's a very polite, and quite reserved person. My mate says he's got a really good character.

Billy big boots bollocks? Now Nuno is here assume you mean Billy testículos de botas grandes

Britney having another dig this morning:
"Right then, off to Molineux for the unveiling of *insert new head coach name here*."

With my favourite response being:
"lol..Presume you'll be forced to travel the 'scenic route' in, given the amount of bridges you are burning along the way"

He really does take these manager sacking too personally doesn't he? :icon_lol:

Press Conference will be on Sky (according to Johnny Phillips) so will presume they have run out of things to say about Arsene Wenger

Back