• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

NES: "Kevin Thelwell is away working hard, trying to provide players for us to work with and deliver the plan."

Fucking hell.

NES: "Kevin Thelwell is away working hard, trying to provide players for us to work with and deliver the plan."

Fucking hell.

Picking up the players Mendes is sending over from the airport

I was just thinking that.

He was here yesterday wasn't he?

In the pictures with Nuno yesterday. If that lad from the German leagues is over having his medical as reported, Kev will now be sorting out the contract side of that one.

From the PC - "Jorge Mendes is not in charge of recruitment at this football club. He can't be. Is he a close associate of Fosun? Yes he is."

I was just thinking that.

He was here yesterday wasn't he?
They've expanded that he's not there because he is "scouting players". Not sure how that works as presumably most players are on their holidays?

Jeff not present as he's back in China.

Hasn't said we are the biggest team in Portugal yet....he can piss off.

So Ryan Bennett arrived on a free yesterday and Thelwell is off scouting players. This does not bode well for our summer recruitment!

I like his manner. His English is superb as well.

Hell's bells. Only listened to 30 seconds and already understood more than in 3 Paul Lambert interviews! I am still struggling to come to terms with this guy coming here

They've expanded that he's not there because he is "scouting players". Not sure how that works as presumably most players are on their holidays?

Jeff not present as he's back in China.

There's a few youth tournaments going on right now and if that's his role then I have no problem with that as it seems that's what he is good at. As long as he's not scouting for first team players ever again or involved in giving out contracts I'm good with that.

Of course they could've just made all of his 'scouting for players' up as he was involved with the pictures yesterday.

NES sounds like an intelligent bloke, so I hope he cottons on that a LOT of our current squad just aren't good enough and so trying to 'improve' them isn't really an option. You can't polish a turd.

NES sounds like an intelligent bloke, so I hope he cottons on that a LOT of our current squad just aren't good enough and so trying to 'improve' them isn't really an option. You can't polish a turd.

NES: "Wolves is a big club. The facilities are there - we have all we need to work. We have to improve the players that we have now."

I like this quote. It's been said for years but we really do have everything as a club to be a Premier League mainstay... EXCEPT the playing staff. Nuno seems to get that.

Liked the comment regarding he may look at different training environments as well. So not just Compton day in day out. Maybe certain trips abroad during international weeks etc etc..

NES: "Wolves is a big club. The facilities are there - we have all we need to work. We have to improve the players that we have now."

I like this quote. It's been said for years but we really do have everything as a club to be a Premier League mainstay... EXCEPT the playing staff. Nuno seems to get that.

I read that differently - as in they want to develop the players we already have. I suppose you could take it either way, so I'll go with yours!!

It's an interesting question about who is and isn't good enough, especially with a new coaching set up and manager. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nuno's first pre-season game look something like:

----------------Ruddy------------------ (his keeping coach has worked wonders with some top quality youngsters)

Iorfa-----New CB---Hause----New LB

----------MGW---Saiss---Ronan-------

Costa--------------------------Cav

----------------New CF----------------

Subs: Burgoyne, Flatt, Bennett, Batth, Evans, Edwards, Doherty, Silvio, Wilson, Ennis, Marshall, Dicko.

It may disappoint a few folks but those players could be excellent and whilst I think we will get a few more loans and players in (particularly in defence) I think we may well see a change of style more akin to Mourinho's organisation and the players will be a lot better off for it.

I read that differently - as in they want to develop the players we already have. I suppose you could take it either way, so I'll go with yours!!

If it is your take on it.

First day of training will quickly make him change the meaning to what Jinky thinks....

I'm currently clinging on to the number of defenders who are linked at the moment, some seemingly on the verge of signing - and it's only June 1st. I really really hope it's the signs of a mass clearout of the deadwood.

It's an interesting question about who is and isn't good enough, especially with a new coaching set up and manager. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nuno's first pre-season game look something like:

----------------Ruddy------------------ (his keeping coach has worked wonders with some top quality youngsters)

Iorfa-----New CB---Hause----New LB

----------MGW---Saiss---Ronan-------

Costa--------------------------Cav

----------------New CF----------------

Subs: Burgoyne, Flatt, Bennett, Batth, Evans, Edwards, Doherty, Silvio, Wilson, Ennis, Marshall, Dicko.

It may disappoint a few folks but those players are excellent and whilst I think we will get a few more loans and players in (particularly in defence) I think we may well see a change of style more akin to Mourinho's organisation and the players will be a lot better off for it.

Are we allowed to play 12 players now to compensate for years of Edwards playing and making us effectively have 10 men? :D

Edit: Stupid forum lagging allowing you to edit it and ruin my joke...

I imagine he and his coaches will spend time watching back last seasons games *shudder*

Shouldn't take them too long to draw the right conclusions

I've just read Britney's take on events at the press conference and the way he's reported it is a disgrace. Out of context nonsense that paints him as a bitter little prick.

Back