• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

The problems with no English managers are themold guard.

With the usual suspects keep getting the jobs, chairman are reluctant to take a chance on a manager with no experience.

I would like to see English managers getting jobs but not the usual suspects, lets see some new talent, also.with the number of foreign owners it's unlikely they even know or care what english manager is doing well where.

It's going to be a long hard road for.english managers

Are you really plugging that anti-welsh thing again?

What about Berwick Rangers in Scotland then?

I believe that decision was made on the grounds of travel for a lower league club. Every English team would have been such a journey it made sense for Berwick to join the scottish league. Can you imagine Berwick v Exeter?

Can you imagine Berwick v Exeter?

I'm sure Carlisle fans can.

Berwick were denied entry to an English League I think and generally played in a Borders League until the Scots Leagues became properly formed and they joined that

Try being an Atlanta United fan when they just had a match in Houston, Texas...

Berwick.has been in Scotland as many times as it's been in England.
It makes sense for it to be in Scotland, it's closer to Aberdeen than say Bristol.
I am.not 100% sure but it may well have been in Scotland when it joined the Scottish league. (just checked and it's been in England for aLong while now there were moves to put it back in Scotland something the people of Berwick would prefer however it would take to much legality to change it so although in England with it only being 2 miles from the border it plays in the Scottish league.)

Somewhat different to Carlisle who are hugely patriotic English.

The train station stil had St George Flag bunting last time i went through.
As I said I do not have an issue with Berwickm n Scotland it makes sense.

It's been an English town since 1482 :)

It's not a British leage it' an English league. Unfortunately we have Cardiiff and Swansea in thats down to the fact there was no welsh league when the English League started.
Newport County? Wrexham (until recently, although they do play in the 'English' Conference)? Colwyn Bay and Merthyr Town still play in the English system. Bangor, Rhyl, Caernarfon, Barry and Newtown played in English lower leagues IIRC before joining the Welsh Premier league.

Newport County? Wrexham (until recently, although they do play in the 'English' Conference)? Colwyn Bay and Merthyr Town still play in the English system. Bangor, Rhyl, Caernarfon, Barry and Newtown played in English lower leagues IIRC before joining the Welsh Premier league.

It does not mean they should. There are a lot of fans that would prefer Welsh teams to play in Welsh Leagues

Fans who have nothing better to do with their lives and need to moan about pointless shit?

It is a sentiment I have only really heard expressed by one person. Who is English and living in Scotland.

I objected to Cardiff (for instance) being governed by the FAW when they played in our league. Led to some ridiculous situations especially with regard to disciplinary matters. But they have closed that now.

They have been in the Football League since 1910 - this isn't really even an argument.

Point being that travel in the UK may not be as bad as it seems!
Yeah I got that. We moan when we have to drive more than 200 miles. That is basically a trip to the local shop for you.

Yeah I got that. We moan when we have to drive more than 200 miles. That is basically a trip to the local shop for you.

Certainly wouldn't be unheard of. Granted, you lot don't have anything akin to our interstate system from what I understand so that would skew things a bit.

To quote Basil Fawlty

"that's because our cars have steering wheels"

That always bugged me on Top Gear when they'd imply that there aren't any curves in the US. There bloody well are and some of the mountainous regions are downright treacherous.

Back