• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

How can it happen that a Portuguese man is more fluent,clearer and insightful in his second language than a bloke who's spoken it all his life?
Alternatively Saunders could be speaking his second language,having spoken Welsh most of his life,either way he's nowhere as eloquent as a bloke from Portugal

Yeah it wasn't nearly as impressive as he made out. Lucky deflection, and the two CBs didn't exactly get dragged away very far.

Looking for errors really is nit picking, but if you are looking for it then I'd say we probably weren't street smart enough/trusted the ref too much when we played Colin. Something we have learned from see Nuno's touchline behaviour, Bennett coming into the side and Jota giving it back as examples. If we played them tomorrow with the same teams and the same relative form we'd roll them over.

I'd agree with this, but in hindsight, we played that game at the right time and we learned a lot from it. Nuno clearly learned from it too - it hasn't happened since.

Every manager makes mistakes. The best managers learn from those mistakes.

How can it happen that a Portuguese man is more fluent,clearer and insightful in his second language than a bloke who's spoken it all his life?
Alternatively Saunders could be speaking his second language,having spoken Welsh most of his life,either way he's nowhere as eloquent as a bloke from Portugal

Saunders' first language is inane cuntswallop.

A lot of foreign players and managers sound far more intelligent and articulate than the British ones, many of whom can barely string a coherent sentence together. I'm just listening to Stuart Pearce on the Talksport commentary, he's another one who always sounds as thick as pig shit

Yeah it wasn't nearly as impressive as he made out. Lucky deflection, and the two CBs didn't exactly get dragged away very far.

They got dragged away far enough for the shot. The set piece winner is top drawer.

The difference between Nuno & Dean’s videos, ffs :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I watched Nuno’s first and pissed myself laughing as soon as Dean started talking!

Joking aside, it says a lot about the cosy, old-boys network in Englsh football that Saunders can still earn a bloody good living as an "expert." And will unquestionably pop up as a manager again some time soon

The difference between Nuno & Dean’s videos, ffs :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I watched Nuno’s first and pissed myself laughing as soon as Dean started talking!

Jesus, the shit we've had to endure over the years as Wolves supporters. I really do think we've earned the right to a place in the sun.

Talksport are the worse culprits of giving air time to the old boys especially Alan Brazil has numerous amounts of them on speed dial.
Plus Jim White and his contacts.

Talksport are the worse culprits of giving air time to the old boys especially Alan Brazil has numerous amounts of them on speed dial.
Plus Jim White and his contacts.

Heard them this morning saying that Stoke need someone to come in and keep them up - basically another pulis, allardyce, pardew appointment that we’ve seen this season.

Whilst often deriding foreign managers. For instance, how many times is Brazil going to whinge about Conte thumping the ground in frustration last week?

About the same number of times as he says that a club should give the job to Glenn fucking Hoddle

Heard them this morning saying that Stoke need someone to come in and keep them up - basically another pulis, allardyce, pardew appointment that we’ve seen this season.

Just reading that list makes me quite depressed. The PL really is two leagues now, isn't it? Luckily we've acquired both owners and a manager with the potential to thrive in the higher one. I do hope we can fulfil that dream, because watching the likes of what the bottom half of the division churn out each week must make you want to slit your wrists. I'd hate us to be dragged into that cesspool.

Why is it that no English manager seems capable of producing anything like enjoyable top-flight football, I wonder?

Why is it that no English manager seems capable of producing anything like enjoyable top-flight football, I wonder?

No need. Why change your tactics after being sacked when you'll just get another job anyway?

Eddie Howe's a fine manager and plays some decent stuff but I take your point. I think it has more to do with a perceived notion that the same old dross will be something different at a different club. The Ranieri effect if you like.

It would be nice to see British talent given a go but I think the attitude of foreign is best has leaked into the Championship too and so talent such as Nathan Jones at Luton, Cook at Wigan and the two lads at Lincoln will be consistently overlooked for even 2nd tier jobs whilst dross like Lambert and Warburton keep getting gigs.

Rowett is a bit too one dimensional as is Dyche for me but I like the way Brentford play under Dean Smith and I think given the chance there is a lot of British talent kept back by risk averse chairmen.

Eddie Howe's a fine manager and plays some decent stuff but I take your point. I think it has more to do with a perceived notion that the same old dross will be something different at a different club. The Ranieri effect if you like.

It would be nice to see British talent given a go but I think the attitude of foreign is best has leaked into the Championship too and so talent such as Nathan Jones at Luton, Cook at Wigan and the two lads at Lincoln will be consistently overlooked for even 2nd tier jobs whilst dross like Lambert and Warburton keep getting gigs.

Rowett is a bit too one dimensional as is Dyche for me but I like the way Brentford play under Dean Smith and I think given the chance there is a lot of British talent kept back by risk averse chairmen.

He was my number 1 pick to replace Jackett, or Zenga, or Lambert, maybe all three.

Just reading that list makes me quite depressed. The PL really is two leagues now, isn't it? Luckily we've acquired both owners and a manager with the potential to thrive in the higher one. I do hope we can fulfil that dream, because watching the likes of what the bottom half of the division churn out each week must make you want to slit your wrists. I'd hate us to be dragged into that cesspool.

It's the owners! if a manager plays expansive football and win thats fine, but every game they lose it changes real quick they (owners in general) don't give a fuck about football, fans or anything else just keep the 100million a year coming in and pay yourself huge amounts. Burnleys board should worship the ground Dyche walks on but if he lost the first 5 games of next season they'd turn on him though they invest fuck all and he gets a good tune out of average players. He for instance deserves to have massive investment but it'll never happen. West Ham sold their ground and rent a shit athletics stadium if they go down do you think they can survive long without the premier league money. They pay very little in rent but at the end of the day the concessions are major revenue if you are outside the prem. David Moyes the saviour my arse its luck of the draw from 12 teams in that league.

Back