• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

Just wow :jpshakehead:

'With quality... and if he can't do it, give it to someone else and let them have a go' - genius Dean, genius :facepalm:

OK. Let's stop this homoerotic love-in.

What has he got wrong, or could have done better?

OK. Let's stop this homoerotic love-in.

What has he got wrong, or could have done better?

Erm....

Ok, he got the tactics after Coady's red card at Bramall Lane wrong. But he's clearly learned, so y'know...

Bit of a shame Ronan hasn't got more football and has had to go out on loan but then that's nitpicking.

That Nuno video is brilliant. He has to be our greatest appointment since Stan Cullis.

I'd genuinely like to see Saunders have a go but I think he may well fail to recognise the pitch and what the counters are for.

Oh ffs. Can't he at least not have a good looking missus? Is that too much to ask?
It’s refreshing that we don’t know much about his family. A far cry from Zenga who wasn’t shy of plastering his family over Instagram.

Nuno's video is extraordinary. The analysis of that Real Madrid midfield, that then led to the Barragan goal and he explained the tactic - perfect.

Deano's video is also extraordinary. But in a rather different way.

Is he too tactically rigid when things aren't working in games? Possibly like against Sunderland we could have switched to 4 at the back to give us an extra attacker.

Edit - Just checked. He did exactly that! Never mind...

Maybe, we were properly battering away against Sunderland though. It just wasn't falling for us. You could argue that shoving another forward on would just have congested that area even more.

He said clearly that they changed formation for Eibar the game before Madrid and then thought, why not stick with it.

That suggests he isn't completely set in stone.

3-4-3 suits our players. We don't need to change it for bus parking scenarios. Just tweak it to win.

Look you cunts, I am Dean's press officer and I'm going to stick up for him.

"And if the other lot play football. Well, we practice that every day." Genius. Fucking genius.

Nuno's video is extraordinary. The analysis of that Real Madrid midfield, that then led to the Barragan goal and he explained the tactic - perfect.

Deano's video is also extraordinary. But in a rather different way.

That made me chuckle Paddy, and it shows how expansive the word "extraordinary" can be.

Just watched it. Would have been nice to see a clio of the Barragan goal in with it.

Hmmm

Ball out wide, wide man cuts inside. Forwards run across pulling the centre backs. Ball in front. Finish from the other side wide player. I would probably watch Douglas v Brentford.

Looking for errors really is nit picking, but if you are looking for it then I'd say we probably weren't street smart enough/trusted the ref too much when we played Colin. Something we have learned from see Nuno's touchline behaviour, Bennett coming into the side and Jota giving it back as examples. If we played them tomorrow with the same teams and the same relative form we'd roll them over.

Back