• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

Norton is alright man. Good host. He's come a long way since Carnal Knowledge on ITV in the mid 90s which other than Babushka, is possibly the worst quiz show I've ever seen.

Don't hang yourself, I don't want to drink on my own on Tuesday.
Lol. I remember watching Carnal Knowledge. Wasn't that awful Maria whatserface on it too?

I like Graham Norton too. He's got the best talk show going and he doesn't camp it up like he could do.

Also he gets cut a lot of slack for being on Father Ted.

Can't stand his talk show.
Loved his character in Father Ted

What the fuck have I done to this thread!!

Lol. I remember watching Carnal Knowledge. Wasn't that awful Maria whatserface on it too?

Maria McErlane of Eurotrash fame.

It was atrocious :icon_lol:

I'm really disappointed,I get a mention off johnny75 and he's nice to me,possibly the first time ever on this forum,first time I've noticed anyway,lol :(

Oh and graham nortons pretty good on Saturday morning on radio two,and looking more like tsar Nicholas the third,or some random minor royal

I'm really disappointed,I get a mention off johnny75 and he's nice to me,possibly the first time ever on this forum,first time I've noticed anyway,lol :(

I'm nice to everybody Keef......honest.

Can't stand his talk show.
Loved his character in Father Ted

What the fuck have I done to this thread!!

If Nuno reads obscure football forums and has somehow stumbled into this one he's probably googling Graham Norton right now.

While I do not claim to know why Nuno was sent to the stands, I doubt very much it was because he left his technical area. Officials in this country are very lenient regarding the technical area, and allow club officials licence to leave said area as long as they are behaving. In my opinion Nuno made some disparaging comments about the referee which led to him again being ordered to leave the technical area.

While I do not claim to know why Nuno was sent to the stands, I doubt very much it was because he left his technical area. Officials in this country are very lenient regarding the technical area, and allow club officials licence to leave said area as long as they are behaving. In my opinion Nuno made some disparaging comments about the referee which led to him again being ordered to leave the technical area.
Nuno states that is why he was sent to the stands. Probably more to do with going into Bristol technical area so it might be seen as he was being aggressive to the opposition bench.

He was open and honest about the reasons he was sent to the stands v Bolton so no reason to doubt his version of events.

He said he set foot on the pitch, which is surely different to leaving the technical area. I've seen opposition managers do that at Molineux though.

No reason to hide it anyway as he slagged the ref off regardless in all his interviews.

Maybe he should go on the Graham Norton Show to explain all.

He said he set foot on the pitch, which is surely different to leaving the technical area. I've seen opposition managers do that at Molineux though.
He went via the Bristol technical area to the pitch and their bench didn't like it. I think that made the 4th official think he was going for Johnson.

Nuno doesnt stay much in his technical area. At Man City he was told 4 or 5 times to stay in his area.

Nuno states that is why he was sent to the stands. Probably more to do with going into Bristol technical area so it might be seen as he was being aggressive to the opposition bench.

He was open and honest about the reasons he was sent to the stands v Bolton so no reason to doubt his version of events.

I am not doubting his honesty, I just think there was more to it than just visiting the Bristol City technical area.

I am not doubting his honesty, I just think there was more to it than just visiting the Bristol City technical area.
My view as above he annoyed the Bristol bench and it has come across as being aggressive....When the 4th official steps in Johnson and a couple of others are doing the angry shouting and pointing fingers at Nuno.

Will be surprised if he was sent off for his words directed at the ref.

Not being pedantic, but by going onto the pitch he must have left his technical area.

During the pre match briefing a referee will advise his senior assistant and fourth official not to create a problem that does not exist. They should manage the occupants of the technical area in a firm but polite manner. Should a manager continually leave that area he will be advised to stay within the confines of his technical area, but again as long as they are not being abusive or argumentative then generally the referee does not get involved.

My view as above he annoyed the Bristol bench and it has come across as being aggressive....When the 4th official steps in Johnson and a couple of others are doing the angry shouting and pointing fingers at Nuno.

Will be surprised if he was sent off for his words directed at the ref.

You are probably right, but Nuno needs to address this situation. I would expect that already referees are aware of his recent transgressions and will advise their team members to make sure he behaves himself.

As long as what he is doing isn't harming the stuff on the pitch then not a major concern for me.

He was still able to direct the changes needed during the game.

He has been sent to the stands twice but for different reasons. So it's not like he has a major problem really. I guess its a sign that we have very little to complain about if we just have the emotions of the best manager in years to discuss.

Back