• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

Well, yes to all that, but the merry-go-round quickly throws off (albeit temporarily) all under-achievers, irrespective of origin. I still wonder why we can't produce an English Pep, Carlo, Antonio, Jose or, indeed, Nuno. Even bloody SAF was a Scot, and I never liked his or Man U's 'we're entitled' attitude despite all they won. (A disease Jose seems to have caught now.) We have the best Wolves side in decades, yet there's no Brit I'd trust to manage it, and none I could feel confident would have got us to where we are now, even with this squad. I suppose the PL is a continental rather than a British league in all but location, which might explain why Euro managers do well in it, though not why so many of our own remain wedded to the style of the 1970s.

I'd hazard a guess that the mentality of "it's a British league" has something to do with it.

Well, yes to all that, but the merry-go-round quickly throws off (albeit temporarily) all under-achievers, irrespective of origin. I still wonder why we can't produce an English Pep, Carlo, Antonio, Jose or, indeed, Nuno. Even bloody SAF was a Scot, and I never liked his or Man U's 'we're entitled' attitude despite all they won. (A disease Jose seems to have caught now.) We have the best Wolves side in decades, yet there's no Brit I'd trust to manage it, and none I could feel confident would have got us to where we are now, even with this squad. I suppose the PL is a continental rather than a British league in all but location, which might explain why Euro managers do well in it, though not why so many of our own remain wedded to the style of the 1970s.

It's probably because so many of them cut their teeth in the Championship or lower, where 70's football is what everybody, punters and pundits alike, expects to see.
Take TalkShite for example, they were quite gleeful about the prospect of a Portuguese manager and his team full of actual footballers getting kicked out out contention by the leagues cloggers. Yet to them it wasn't actually a problem that needed to be addressed, it's "Just How The Championship Is". It does strike me as odd that people would actually celebrate the fact that our lower leagues are completely bereft of actual skill, yet still wonder why England never produces any real talent.

It's probably because so many of them cut their teeth in the Championship or lower, where 70's football is what everybody, punters and pundits alike, expects to see.
Take TalkShite for example, they were quite gleeful about the prospect of a Portuguese manager and his team full of actual footballers getting kicked out out contention by the leagues cloggers. Yet to them it wasn't actually a problem that needed to be addressed, it's "Just How The Championship Is". It does strike me as odd that people would actually celebrate the fact that our lower leagues are completely bereft of actual skill, yet still wonder why England never produces any real talent.

What a load of fucking horseshit. There's plenty of talent through the leagues. It's narrow minded bollocks like this that sees a block on English coaches.

You think that my personal point of view is blocking English coaches? Are you really that thick?

Calm down, both of you, and be civil.

Another attack on another thread. Funny how Cyber and I got banned for the same thing.

What are you talking about? If it's the racist thing then maybe you should think about what you post before posting. As it is, I called you out on it at the time and you stuck to your guns. If you choose to confirm a racist point of view, you shouldn't complain when you get called up on it.

As for your reply above, you say its complete horse shit, and then appear to agree with me, which makes me think that you were just spoiling for a fight anyway.

I'll not bother with this any more because, quite frankly, its not worth the hassle.

For crying out loud - drop it unless you both want a break from the forum. BOTS - there was no need to comment as you did on the 'Theresa at it Again' thread, arguments spilling over into other forums isn't on.

I suggest you put each other on ignore.

From my pov, the one issue Nuno needs to address from the first half of the season is to develop options. We have a great style of play, and sometimes posters have suggested that when we are under the kosh, or are down to 10 men, or are being kicked about what we should do is more of what we do well. I'm not convinced by that argument. I think we need to develop options - give opposition teams something else to think about.
It is quite possible that the signing of Mir points towards this type of development.

Just love Nuno and not just because his tactics in football and such..just how he carries a squad and talk to the media..such a genuine guy.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/my-idea/

Think this is another one with nuno that hasn’t already been posted. The website itself seems very good, especially for me as a coach
He seemed much more interested in the coaches voice videos than his weekly ones in the Wolves website which you get the feeling he doesn’t want to be there doing the interview.

Nuno nominated for manager of the month again.

Other nominees are Gary Rowett, Lee Johnson and Alex Neil.

I'd have thought Rowett would be the favourite this time after their excellent form in December.

Yeah, Rowett will (deservedly) get it. Derby have been brilliant recently and properly put themselves in the running for 2nd.

Happy Birthday to the gaffer.

I see your arguments about coaches in the PL and Championship and I recognise a lot of echos from the Portuguese crowd. In Portugal, the clubs keep spewing out managers after a few bad results, but it works like a wheel. They get out of one club, get into another and round and round it goes.

Besides, watching most games on the Championship is better than watching 80% of the portuguese league.

I'd hazard a guess that the mentality of "it's a British league" has something to do with it.

It's not a British leage it' an English league. Unfortunately we have Cardiiff and Swansea in thats down to the fact there was no welsh league when the English League started.

Back