• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

Lycan called the back three. Dan was less sure... :D

Hey, I'll admit I got it wrong with him (he was still majorly ropey in possession for the first month or so, which was my main qualm). He's been excellent.

Tbf some of the Bennett bashing earlier in this thread hasn't aged well too - a Nouble-esque signing according to Kenny :)

I'm happy to be proved completely wrong about Bennett. Hes been top class and a different player to the one at Norwich.

I had Bennett as our sixth choice centre back I thibk when we signed Roderick and realised Coady would be part of it!

Equally on coady, I would have got rid of him for nothing last summer.

I'm happy to be proved completely wrong about Bennett. Hes been top class and a different player to the one at Norwich.

I'm not sure any of us who disliked him got it wrong about him per se; more a lack of faith/foresight that Nuno could/would turn him from what he was into what he has become. I know better now.

Hey, I'll admit I got it wrong with him (he was still majorly ropey in possession for the first month or so, which was my main qualm). He's been excellent.

My new sig gave me fits when I saw it then and has only gotten funnier with time.

Like a fine wine!

I don't actually mean a lot of what I say on here :) I say a lot of it to try and be funny. Or maybe vaguely amusing. It's nice to know there's an audience of at least one out there.

I'm the same,makes my day when someone likes what I post,I just assume nobody reads it

I don't actually mean a lot of what I say on here :) I say a lot of it to try and be funny. Or maybe vaguely amusing. It's nice to know there's an audience of at least one out there.

At least!

Hard to believe we've had not one but two unbelievable player transformations this year. Imagine being told in August that Coady and Bennett would be first choice CBs and that we'd be in 1st place come April. No one would have bought into it, or even entertained the idea except to laugh. It's almost a more absurd idea than us buying Ronaldo. Yet here we are, in exactly that boat.

At least!

Hard to believe we've had not one but two unbelievable player transformations this year. Imagine being told in August that Coady and Bennett would be first choice CBs and that we'd be in 1st place come April. No one would have bought into it, or even entertained the idea except to laugh. It's almost a more absurd idea than us buying Ronaldo. Yet here we are, in exactly that boat.

Imagine being told in August that saying, "Southgate could do a lot worse than take Coady to Russia" would have people nodding in agreement...

"Southgate could do a lot worse than take Coady to Russia" would have people nodding in agreement...

The argument for Coady gathers pace if youre looking for a utility squad player too. Add to that us playing 3 at the back and I can see why its talked about.

But not by anyone outside of Wolves is it?

Crazy isn't it, Neves in the Championship going to the World cup with Portugal.
Coady who is the best central back 3 passer of the ball in the country and we will not take him because he plays in the Championship.

He really should be going

Neves had played for Portugal before he came to the Championship, right?

Whereas Coady has had one good season in his role, when there are a few young promising defenders playing regularly in the Premier League. And doesn't have anywhere near the previous club experience that Ruben does, playing and captaining a team in the Champions League etc..

If Coady had a good year for us next season and we are high enough in the league don't get me wrong he will be in with a shout but no one outside of Wolves is even going to be contemplating that right now.

Neves had played for Portugal before he came to the Championship, right?

Whereas Coady has had one good season in his role, when there are a few young promising defenders playing regularly in the Premier League. And doesn't have anywhere near the previous club experience that Ruben does, playing and captaining a team in the Champions League etc..

If Coady had a good year for us next season and we are high enough in the league don't get me wrong he will be in with a shout but no one outside of Wolves is even going to be contemplating that right now.

You have to also look at the context.

Southgate is now playing a back three
One of those is Kyle fucking Walker
Coady in the centre is a better ball player

Pope/Butland

Maguire Coady Stones

Walker Dier Henderson Rose

Lingard Ali
Kane

Already has better balance.

Wrong Nuno FFS. That's the second time this has been shared, please dont tell me this is getting posted anywhere else?

Its not even vaguely similar FFS, just the same first name.

:fished:

Back