• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

People suggesting Coady need their bumps felt. Stones, Mawson, Maguire, Smalling, Jones, Chambers and Keane are all better players than Coady and all could play as a sweeper if Southgate wanted to.

The fact that Southgate chooses to pick Walker there is damning of Southgate not of the quality available. As much as I like Coady he really hasn't been in the same class as any of the others yet.

None of them, stones apart, actually play or have ever played sweeper though?

I wouldn't fancy Keane's distribution from that central position, not that he's defending has looked much cop this season either, nor do I think Jones or Smalling would excel with more emphasis on that side of their game. Not sure Chambers will turn out to be a great centre half, not really sure what to make of him long term, a tidy footballer but doesn't really seem to fit any role.

None of them, stones apart, actually play or have ever played sweeper though?

Neither had Coady till this season yet I'll bet all are better than Coady (maybe with the exception of Keane).

Hard to assess Keane while The Count of Monte Bisto is in charge. He's still busy playing his zero sum football and chucking players under the bus whenever they lose even though they have nothing to play for.

People suggesting Coady need their bumps felt. Stones, Mawson, Maguire, Smalling, Jones, Chambers and Keane are all better players than Coady and all could play as a sweeper if Southgate wanted to.

The fact that Southgate chooses to pick Walker there is damning of Southgate not of the quality available. As much as I like Coady he really hasn't been in the same class as any of the others yet.

Agreed. However, I might have to revise this after watching Coady perform the same role in the prem next season (if he gets the chance).

Anyone seen the press conference today? Nuno walks round and shakes hands with everyone in the room.

Link? That sounds brilliant :icon_lol:

that smirk on his face halfway through. :icon_lol:

Anyone seen the press conference today? Nuno walks round and shakes hands with everyone in the room.

Just seen it. Absolutely disgraceful. He is clearly taking the piss out of one of the great British managers - one who is loved and respected wherever football is played, whose very name is synonymous with sportsmanship and fair play. And self abuse...

Just seen it. Absolutely disgraceful. He is clearly taking the piss out of one of the great British managers - one who is loved and respected wherever football is played, whose very name is synonymous with sportsmanship and fair play. And self abuse...
Lol. I quite enjoyed the chorus of "Neil Warnock is a wanker" from the Villa fans last night.

Nuno is the LMA Manager of the year! Fantastic achievement for him

He won Championship manager of the year. Stop spreading your #fakenews Darlo

Happy Nunoversary folks

Back