• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome new members

Greetings!

I found the forum via Twitter and so I registered yesterday. I see there are some familiar names here from years back from either the old E&S MM site or perhaps before that on the old news list, there are also a few off of MM too. <wave>

Anyhoo... I've been following this lot for many years now :eek:ldboy: and it's 41 years since I first stepped over the threshold of the Mol. Of course, I've seen a few changes along the way and not all for the better either! North Bank Season Ticket Holder. Love a good away day on the odd occasion. Hatherton Arms regular on match days.

I don't post a lot but I read plenty so don't expect too many (any) earth shattering posts from me.

In summation;
1) Modern day football is shite! It all about the money. Fans can go fuck themselves.
2) Morgan - Judgement reserved. Tending toward a younger version of SJH. Both underfunded the side once we achieved PL status.
3) Jez - Out (see 1 above)
4) McCarthy - (See 2 above). Best manager we had for years. Knuckle draggers wanted change and the board :jack: bottled it by giving it to them. Now the change has been made the same morons are again dissatisfied because there's no instant success. I regularly despair!
5) Solbakken - Jury out. It all looks Hoddlesque to me. Probably needs another couple of transfer windows but the chance of remaining underfunded exists. Will the knuckle draggers allow him time? The knives are already out!
6) White elephant NB rebuild - money should have been spent on the squad.

I've just read that back and it looks like a right miserable sod but I'm not. Honest! :icon_lol:

Sounds a reasonable summation to me mate - time will tell on SS. I really hope his proposed style of play evolves, but will he have the funds to get the right players in is another matter.

Hi guys! I'm a guy from Italy, and actually I'm a Wolves fan! Tomorrow is gonna be my first time to see Wolves playing at a stadium! I moved out to London around 2 months ago, and I said to myself that first time Wolves would play in London area I'd have taken the ticket and go to watch the match! But unfortunately i've just been able to purchase a ticket only with home supporters but anyway it doesn't matter because the main thing is that finally I'll see wolves playing! I fell in love of Wolves in 2004, I remember I was watching Wolves-Man Utd on TV, we won 1-0 thanks to a goal by Miller, and I remember that people on the terraces were crying of happiness after the final whistle.. so this episode really impressed me so I started to be interested about the team, I was watching matches when it was possible, and if i wasn't able to watch the match on tv i was every time checking the result on internet and read comments about the game. I remember I was able to watch playoff's semifinal(both games) in 2007 against W** because an italian tv showed Championship playoffs, and it was a suffer for me because I think we did it well on both games but we we've been just unlucky on that occasion. I also bought a t-shirt online on wolves' website, it's the away version of 2008-2009 season when we won championship, is Ebanks-Blake's t-shirt because actually is one of my favorite players together with Henry. But anyway as i've never got many occasions to see wolves' matches I can't really say who's my favorite!! And also, on my opinion, players are most of the time "temporary", and nowadays football is just about money so automatically also players are just caring about money, so for me what matters is the team itself, the colors, the passion about the team etc. So i hope I'll be welcome on your forum, I know maybe I don't have huge or relevant knowledge about Wolves, but trust me if I'm here is also because I wanna learn more about everything regarding Wolves, so the day i'll be able to come to Molineux I will not feel like a "stranger"! Thank you all guys, and im really looking forward for tomorrow's match! "You're everywhere and nowhere baby..."

Hi Wolves.

I'm a guy from Germany following the track of StS. In the age of 46 years I found myself within your club that has something in common with my beloved club Fc Köln in Germany. And the Wolves are familiar to my family name WOLFF. Today I'm living in Dortmund with my marriage. And for this we are related with cole country too. For the people here @ the "Ruhrgebiet" the clubhouses of football are temples and football itself means a religion to them. You can easily check out the buzz by viewing the atmosphere @ BVB stadium on youtube or whatever. I'm quite pleased about to get to a game every week with my wife - mostly @ Dortmund and Köln.

For about 20 years my beloved FC Köln struggeling on the football field and beside it. Nowadays we are in charge to fit the radical change. After a disatrous season we have to sell the silverware (i. e. Podolski to Arsenal, Riether to Fulham, ...) and get back in the saddle with hope on our farmteam.

Please feel free to send in questions or hints and clues.

Pleasure,

Robert

Hey i'm harper wolf, just representing all the farmers who support wolves (Harper Adams Uni)

Hi guys,

I already know Penk Wolf and a few other members from Twitter.

Just thought I'd say a quick hello to everyone! I am writing a book on this season, so I have certainly been given a lot of drama over the last few days...I don't hold too much hope for a happy ending though!

Regards,

Graham

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd say a quick hello to everyone! I am writing a book on this season, so I have certainly been given a lot of drama over the last few days...I don't hold too much hope for a happy ending though!

Regards,

Graham

Welcome Graham, nice to see you around.

Hi guys,

Regards,

Graham

Great to have you on board Graham!

Hi guys,

Regards,

Graham

Hello Mr L

Stu

Pleased you've signed up, Mr L! There's a real ale thread over on general chatter if talking about football is too depressing!! I know you appreciate your Bathams....

Welcome Mr L. Further to what Langers said, if you are feeling depressed just go onto "Frank's joke" thread. Though be warned, have a tissue ready!!

Hi guys,

Regards,

Graham

Good to see you on here, mate. I'll now be able to talk to you with more than 140 letters.

Welcome to the forum Graham.
Never mind Frank telling you it's a tissue you'll be needing... it'll be a toilet roll that serve you best.

Hi guys,

Regards,

Graham

Boo Graham out :) Welcome to the forum m8

Hi fellow Wolves fans I have been reading the posts in here for a couple months now and at other forums and in my opinion this is best Wolves forum by a country mile and so signed up

Thanks all. Can I please suggest a prerequisite test for new members - in order to stop people like Mads joining? :)

Back