• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome new members

Welcome aboard Jeb. Enjoy the forum.

I joined this forum in January but didnt really post anything until recently (I just lurked in the background reading everyone elses posts) so I thought I'd give a brief introduction. I have posted on the 'other' forum for a couple of years but frustration with the intelligence levels of some of the members brought me over to this much calmer and saner forum.

A bit of history about my Wolves support:
My Dad, Grandad and a few cousins all support Sunderland (my Dad is a STH) due to the fact that half my family is from there so my team allegience could have been very different. However due to my Dad moving to Wolverhampton before I was born, I am Wolverhampton born and bred and therefore decided to support my local team. My Dad says he failed as a father but didnt stand in my way. My first Wolves game was at Roker Park in 1989 when I ws 8 or 9. I think my Dad was secretly hoping I'd be cheering Sunderland on but sadly and embarrassingly for him I was cheering enthusiasticly in the home end when Andy Mutch scored! To be fair to my Dad he took me to many games at Molineux during the early 90s until I was old enough to go on my own or with mates. I had a season ticket for over 10 years but have given it up this season as I have a 6 month old daughter and wanted to spend time with her on the weekends (also it is getting too bloody expensive).

Anyway, my posts are generally neither interesting nor witty but I will do my best.

My first Wolves game was at Roker Park in 1989 when I ws 8 or 9. I think my Dad was secretly hoping I'd be cheering Sunderland on but sadly and embarrassingly for him I was cheering enthusiasticly in the home end when Andy Mutch scored! To be fair to my Dad he took me to many games at Molineux during the early 90s until I was old enough to go on my own or with mates. I had a season ticket for over 10 years but have given it up this season as I have a 6 month old daughter and wanted to spend time with her on the weekends (also it is getting too bloody expensive).

Anyway, my posts are generally neither interesting nor witty but I will do my best.

I was at that game and I think it was a 1-1 draw. Had a great day at a friends Aunts pub in Seaham.

I was at that game and I think it was a 1-1 draw. Had a great day at a friends Aunts pub in Seaham.

It was indeed a 1-1 draw. I can still remember seeing the Wolves fans celebrating in the terracing behind the goal while I was stuck siiting next my Dad in the home end. He took me to the home match v Sunderland that yeat too but IIRC we lost 1-0 to a late Paul Bracewell goal.

rocknrollwolf, don't let your last line put you off. My posts are also generally neither interesting nor witty !

It was indeed a 1-1 draw. I can still remember seeing the Wolves fans celebrating in the terracing behind the goal while I was stuck siiting next my Dad in the home end. He took me to the home match v Sunderland that yeat too but IIRC we lost 1-0 to a late Paul Bracewell goal.

Sorry rocknrollwolf I should have also said welcome.
Yes I was celebrating on that terracing and a mate who was 16 at the time, was ejected for being a little too wild with his celebrations. I blamed the Carlsberg Special brew that he shouldn't have been drinking!

John Kay got the winner at Molineux, and the lad whose Aunt ran the pub in Seaham and was a Sunderland fan spent the whole summer winding me up with the chant "He's red, he's white, he's F@&%$%g dynamite Johnny Kay, Johnny Kay.

Last edited:
Hi everyone on this forum, sorry im a Leeds Supporter but hope we can both get back up into premiership again, love your manager, i think hes going to do well for you guys but you should have never sacked Big mick!

Hi Frank, thanks for the reply! I will be a regular on here as iv just got into forums and enjoy reading what fans put on these things! iv started my own forum website for all teams in the english divisions but i dont want to spam anyones forums before getting permission to say my sites name!

Whats the rules on signatures? can i add my website address in there? like i say im not here to spam but to read and reply to wolves fans!
thanks mate

Ive no objection to you having a link in you sig as long as:

a) Its not too blatant and b) You actually contribute - we've had people sign up in the past and basically every post contained a link of some sort to their site, regardless of the discussion at hand.

Happy Posting.

Well i'm over East Notts way, originally from Tipton for 20 years then lived in Leicester for 10 years, the Nottingham for 10 years, that puts me at 40 ish, started as a West Brom supporter for the first 12 years of my life as my Mom worked the bars at the Hawthorns and I used to go with her, so was brought up watching West Brow during the Atkinson era, then switched to Wolves although supported both Leicester and Wimbledon (don't ask why) casually for a bit, that said i'm purely a Wolves supporter now. Live East Side of Notts and there's a Wolves supporter who owns the local pub in North Muskham near me (The Muskham Ferry). I lived in Penn for about 3 months at the beginning of the year, but now live purely East Notts.

I've been following the forum for a bit, I don't expect to post much, as I don't watch the side much (don't have sky and live in Notts) just keep up to date with the scores and analysis from here.

Hi there, thanks for that, my site is brand new so no members currently but hopefully i can bring traffic to you guys in the future if you were to add this site in your signatures if you beame a member on mine that is. Dont worry i will contribute here, so its ok to not spell my site out but its ok to hyperlink?
cheers your help is appreciated

Gday all, Scott from Australia here. Registered a couple of weeks ago, but just been watching from the sidelines haha... Fave player is probably SEB, Elokobi or Doyle. Also used to love Olofinjana... Been following Wolves for a number of years and was a real treat for me to have them come down under back in 2009.

Well i'm over East Notts way, originally from Tipton for 20 years then lived in Leicester for 10 years, the Nottingham for 10 years, that puts me at 40 ish, started as a West Brom supporter for the first 12 years of my life as my Mom worked the bars at the Hawthorns and I used to go with her, so was brought up watching West Brow during the Atkinson era, then switched to Wolves although supported both Leicester and Wimbledon (don't ask why) casually for a bit, that said i'm purely a Wolves supporter now. Live East Side of Notts and there's a Wolves supporter who owns the local pub in North Muskham near me (The Muskham Ferry). I lived in Penn for about 3 months at the beginning of the year, but now live purely East Notts.

I've been following the forum for a bit, I don't expect to post much, as I don't watch the side much (don't have sky and live in Notts) just keep up to date with the scores and analysis from here.

welcome. See no reason why you can't post much though, as surely you mau have many questions for people who do go? The bug'll get ya, y'know...

Hi there, thanks for that, my site is brand new so no members currently but hopefully i can bring traffic to you guys in the future if you were to add this site in your signatures if you beame a member on mine that is. Dont worry i will contribute here, so its ok to not spell my site out but its ok to hyperlink?
cheers your help is appreciated

I think Vis is saying you can have a link as a signature, providing your posts on the forum are relevant to the thread you're posting in. In that case, your posts are relevant, & people can choose to click on the link if they wish.

However, if your posts aren't relevant, or all your posts are "check out me website", then thats a no-no.

New to the board, so just thought i'd say hi to everyone! Good result Saturday.

Back