• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

v Southampton (A). League Cup 2nd Round 23/08 - Match Thread

Reckon JG and Marshall will be swapped.

Exciting to see Wilson, Goncalves, Johnson & Armstrong on the bench.
I'd have expected Graham and Marshall the other way round too, perhaps Marshall is looking more adept coming inside linking play than Graham, who has his obvious strength out on the touchline when he can one on one with a defender.

Reserve side for them but they are still good players! Although we have had good players in our second string before and failed miserably against weak opposition!

Saints may be targeting this as a competition to win so won't want to throw it away.

3/10 on Southampton is buying money

6/5 Saints to win to nil? Or combine 1-0, 2-0, 3-0.

Best value bet around at the moment is surely Wolves at 2/1 to win at Brentford. Completely fail to understand how they are the favourites

Nice Stadium not been here before common Wolves!!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reserve side for them but they are still good players! Although we have had good players in our second string before and failed miserably against weak opposition!

Saints may be targeting this as a competition to win so won't want to throw it away.

Is that actually their reserves? Didn't realise the likes of Forster, JWP and Tadic had dropped down. That side would probably get promoted from the champ...

Is that actually their reserves? Didn't realise the likes of Forster, JWP and Tadic had dropped down. That side would probably get promoted from the champ...

No, all three of the players you've mentioned are in their first team.

Apparently there are about 1,500 of our lads there tonight.
Does that include Parkin does anyone know?

2 half chances a good chance for Dicko inside 2 mins

Nouha misses three sitters. Thanks for your efforts, but goodbye.

Just showed it on SSN. Fell on his arse.

Tim II reports 3 chances for Dicko in 90 seconds, including one he should have buried

I wasn't going to bother doing this tonight, but whilst listening to the goings on, Dicko has just missed 3 golden stand out opportunities. 2 of them on his left foot, 1 following excellent work from Vinagre and then Deslandes and the 3rrd one was his own decent run into the area. All wide or deflected. 3-0 up would have been tasty.

I mean I love the bloke but that is poor :(

Those kinds of injuries destroy players. Happened to Sylvan, is happening with Dicko, and probably will happen with Zyro.

Hold your collective breath over Costa that he doesn't suffer a similar fate.

Sylvan's ankle was snapped and ligaments mangled
Dicko snapped his cruciate
Zyro broke everything in his leg
Costa twisted a ligament

I think we will be ok with Costa

Those kinds of injuries destroy players. Happened to Sylvan, is happening with Dicko, and probably will happen with Zyro.

My word you talk some absolute fucking shite.

Back