• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

v Southampton (A). League Cup 2nd Round 23/08 - Match Thread

Southampton always play home midweek games on a Wednesday

Thank you. I did not realise that. I imagine that Wolves would have preferred it to be tonight, to give more time for preparation before the Brentford game.

Given that we are likely to make mucho changes the starting 11 on Saturday will be available for proper training on Thursday. So it won't really cause us any issues

From what I can gather the team tomorrow is

.......................Norris
........Bennett....Batth....Deslandes
Marshall....Edwards....Price......Vinagre
..........Graham...........Cavaleiro
.......................Dicko

No huge problems with that. Edwards is a head scratcher, but glad for Dezzy, Ben, and Graham.

GFFH, you seem the most ITK around here, have you heard anything specific about Prince? It seems obvious he's not in our plans but then why is he still here? Surely offers have come in.

Cheers GFFH.

Good to see Marshall fit again if that lineup is accurate.

Good news about Marshall, hopefully he does 45 mins and starts on Saturday

Other than Edwards and Deslandes that team looks half decent, I hope Marshall can come through unscathed I think he will be a massive upgrade on Doc on that position. I take is Hause is still injured then what a shame would have been a perfect come back game for him.

Also surprised Ronan isn't starting but I guess you cant have him and price in CM due to them both being midgets.

Typically, I should have known better than to believe anything on the Mix. Wolves Twitter says tickets on sale until midday, or you an order in advance and collect at St Mary's. No mention of cash gate.

Would suggest if in doubt, call Soton ticket office to clarify.

I had planned to go to this, but ended up going on Saturday to the Cardiff game instead. Always get that little temptation on a matchday to just jump in the car and go anyway, but I need to keep reminding myself that we'll be playing a second string!

Other than Edwards and Deslandes that team looks half decent, I hope Marshall can come through unscathed I think he will be a massive upgrade on Doc on that position. I take is Hause is still injured then what a shame would have been a perfect come back game for him.

Also surprised Ronan isn't starting but I guess you cant have him and price in CM due to them both being midgets.

On Hause i would say he hasn't done enough training to be considered. He has had zero pre-season remember as he got the injury on England duty. I think he returned last week, so was never going to really be in contention this side of the international break.

I thought he was rubbish. Don't think Deslandes is ever going to make it at Wolves, he'll only be getting used to give all of the other 3 CB's a break.

I thought he was rubbish. Don't think Deslandes is ever going to make it at Wolves, he'll only be getting used to give all of the other 3 CB's a break.

Just filling the space while Kortney Hause gets fully fit.

He's probably not even good enough for the U23s. Wouldn't be surprised if we found a last-minute loan for him before the end of the month if Hause is back in full training over the international break.

Not sure what you guys saw in pre-season but no way was he rubbish.

He was ok. He won't be here after this season and I think we only took up the option we had on him as an over cautious cover option.
He will end up in L1 or 2 or back in low end of French football

I wouldn't have said he was terrible just nowhere near good enough for the Championship and possibly league 1. He's still young but I don't think he will ever be good enough for us. Will happily eat humble pie I will keep an eye on him tonight.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Apart from Edwards & Deslandes the team put up by GFFH looks reasonable given that we will rest players

Leaving in about 45mins to drive over there - not overly optimistic, but then again I wasn't when we played Stoke or Liverpool last season

What's actually the issue with Hause, is there a potential timeline for his return?

Back