• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

v Southampton (A). League Cup 2nd Round 23/08 - Match Thread

As many changes as possible for me. Give the 'first' team a chance to recover properly.

--------------Norris-------------
----Bennett--Batth--Hause----
Graham--Price--Ronan--Vinagre
-----Zyro----Dicko----Cavaleiro--

I'd go for this, with Bright for Zyro. Do we know if Hause is fit?

For anyone making a last minute decision, it appears Southampton are offering pay on the gate tomorrow. Just picked this up on MM.

Lot of disbelief at number already sold, saints ticket office suggesting we have shifted 1500, if true a mighty effort for this one.

Prince has been training with first teamers, unless I'm reading far too much into his Instagram. Shock inclusion for him?

For anyone making a last minute decision, it appears Southampton are offering pay on the gate tomorrow. Just picked this up on MM.

Lot of disbelief at number already sold, saints ticket office suggesting we have shifted 1500, if true a mighty effort for this one.

Fair number of Wolves fans down south - so this an easier (& cheaper) game to get to than any home one. Don't expect a football skill fest as likely to be 2 reserve(ish) units out there, but a ground I have not been to before (though went to the Dell a number of times)

The pictures are of him with Helder and German Phil, so perhaps he has been coming back from injury too? I hadn't heard of him having any injuries.

Either way I don't think he will be involved.

Oniangue wouldn't fit into this formation IMO. Just hope we can get a fee for him.

The pictures are of him with Helder and German Phil, so perhaps he has been coming back from injury too? I hadn't heard of him having any injuries.

Either way I don't think he will be involved.

or more than likely Costa and Phil are doing their first bits of training away from the main group

Agree to change as many as possible, the regulars have played a lot now

4 games = a lot

God knows how they are going to get through 40+ games the little precious petals....

I dont think its about being precious Kenny. It's not 1970 anymore. Needless to ignore all the advances in sports science and sport. Well monitored players prevents over use injuries.

Balls, I thought this was tonight.

[Noob Q]Will this be on normal radio at all?[\Noob Q]

I dont think its about being precious Kenny. It's not 1970 anymore. Needless to ignore all the advances in sports science and sport. Well monitored players prevents over use injuries.
I wasn't being overly serious

If I had to guess (and I do)...

Norris

Bennett - Batth - Boly

Vinagre - Ronan - Coady - Price - Graham

Dicko - Samuels​

I'm a bit unsure here. I think Eddo is well and truly out of the picture so I don't think he'll start tomorrow which probably leaves Coady to push up in midfield as he's our only other midfielder taller than 5ft. Also no idea about the back three; personally I'd keep Miranda over Boly to help him get over Cardiff, but after Boly stayed in the side against YEovil I'm going with him instead.

Samuels is a wild guess based on him not being in the U23 squad against Southampton last night.

Samuels has been playing for the U18's.

Edwards has been injured since we beat Derby but I don't think he has a future here as there is simply no where in the team he fits.

Norris

Miranda. Batth. Bennett

Graham Ronan Price Vinagre

Bright. Dicko. Cavaleiro

Norris

Miranda. Batth. Bennett

Graham Ronan Price Vinagre

Bright. Dicko. Cavaleiro

Would give Phil Ofosuh-Ayew a go (if fit enough) & play Graham further forward instead of Bright initially - Graham can drop back when Phil needs to go off as unlikely to last the full 90

Would give Phil Ofosuh-Ayew a go (if fit enough) & play Graham further forward instead of Bright initially - Graham can drop back when Phil needs to go off as unlikely to last the full 90

Yeah if Phil is fit then he should play but I'd be surprised if he is

Back