• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

v Southampton (A). League Cup 2nd Round 23/08 - Match Thread

What's actually the issue with Hause, is there a potential timeline for his return?

Think (might be wrong) he picked up a knee injury on England Duty. Last update was he was set to start training last week. So would expect him to make an U23 appearance in the next week or so.

Southampton fans think they'll line up something like this -

-------------McCarthy-------------
Pied---Bednarek--Yoshida---McQueen
----------Clasie--Hojbjerg-----------
Long--------JWP---------Boufal
-------------Austin---------------

We may have some joy against that back 4, but their front 4 will cause us all sorts of problems.

Not the front 4 I'm worried about, Clasie - Hojbjerg - Ward-Prowse vs Price & Edwards is such a mismatch it's not even funny...

Southampton fans think they'll line up something like this -

-------------McCarthy-------------
Pied---Bednarek--Yoshida---McQueen
----------Clasie--Hojbjerg-----------
Long--------JWP---------Boufal
-------------Austin---------------

We may have some joy against that back 4, but their front 4 will cause us all sorts of problems.

Then again Long's not really a wide man so playing him out there isn't the best use (though we have done that with various players of late)

Apparently Claise is up for sale. Wouldn't mind a very cheeky offer to try and get him in on loan (not that I think there would be much chance but you never know).

Apparently Claise is up for sale. Wouldn't mind a very cheeky offer to try and get him in on loan (not that I think there would be much chance but you never know).

Yep, read that and had the same thoughts. Decent player and never been given a run or opportunity in that Saints side. Would be a great player to have alongside Neves at our level. Perhaps doesn't have the passing ability of Saiss, but breaks play up brilliantly and does the dirty work others don't like.

Just read, that we have sold over 1500 tickets for this match. That is a great effort, to travel so far, to watch our reserves play.

That might be how long it takes you to get to your local shop but a 3 hour driver here can feel like 36..

Tongue (mostly) in cheek.

Gone for yoof and Zyro on the bench I see.

DH7ntuNXcAE5NYc.jpg

Reckon JG and Marshall will be swapped.

Exciting to see Wilson, Goncalves, Johnson & Armstrong on the bench.

Great to see Marshall back, but looking at that starting 11, decision not to go justified.

Wondering if Bonatini has been given a few days off, he posted a photo of him in the pool today on Instagram. It didn't look like Compton!

Strong Saints line up.

Forster, Pied, Bednarek, Yoshida, McQueen, Stephens, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Tadic, Boufal, Austin.

Can't see us getting a result here.

Looking at a 3-0 defeat I reckon........but I though Stoke would do that to us in the FA Cup in January

Midifeld could also be:

...........................Price
Graham..... Marshall....Edwards......Vinagre

Strong Saints line up.

Forster, Pied, Bednarek, Yoshida, McQueen, Stephens, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Tadic, Boufal, Austin.

Can't see us getting a result here.

Everyone said we would lose at Anfield.

Back