• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

v Southampton (A). League Cup 2nd Round 23/08 - Match Thread

Agreed, it's a good position to be in!

Where's Marshall playing? I'd be tempted to swap them around

Marshall playing the more advanced position and Graham behind him. Lots of people saying they should swap, but perhaps Marshall hasn't got the legs to play the deeper constantly overlapping role?

Marshall playing the more advanced position and Graham behind him. Lots of people saying they should swap, but perhaps Marshall hasn't got the legs to play the deeper constantly overlapping role?

Also best game to properly test Graham in this position. Used him there v Peterborough and Yeovil - in those games his defensive duties have been limited. Up against a decent winger we will know if its an experiment that needs binning or what part of his game they need to work on if they feel its worth carrying on

We'll need to sort set pieces out in this division!

If you're not in the locality to hear the commentary via the wireless you might want to check out the Wolves-news group on Facebook.

Also best game to properly test Graham in this position. Used him there v Peterborough and Yeovil - in those games his defensive duties have been limited. Up against a decent winger we will know if its an experiment that needs binning or what part of his game they need to work on if they feel its worth carrying on

On the evidence so far, it needs binning! He won't get a look in there as soon as German Phil is fit, as we'll have him & Doherty ahead of him then. Plus Marshall.

Not really Grahams fault. Boufal and McQueen killing us down that side because Marshall not fit enough.

Vinagre is awesome. Deslandes playing surprisingly alright and Cav looks threatening

Someone on the Mix posted a comms link, alright to post here?

Soton have a commentary on their website free to register for

In short Norris looks a good keeper Vinagre looks like a real prospect. Edwards is totally useless.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Nah, Ruddy is clearly our No.1 keeper. Brilliant having a back up who is more than capable of stepping in, though.

Sounds like Graham is the weak link tonight, so far.

Goalkeeping is an area we've usually had quality and depth in, Graham shouldnt be playing there

Graham not a WB let's put that to bed

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Ronan on for Marshall

We saw in January it takes Marshall a good month to find his sharpness, so a good first step back.

Whack that mixlr feed up then

I want a Saints goal to bring my acca in. Is it wrong to cheer them on?

Back