• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

So do the Saudis.

As do Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait all of which have been visited by Liam Fox in the last few months. The argument goes that by exploring the possibility of trade deals we can use our leverage to improve human rights abuses in these countries.

Good luck with that.

With more than 50000 people having had their motability cars taken away since the introduction of PIP maybe we could spend some time dealing with human rights abuses in our own country first.

As do Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait all of which have been visited by Liam Fox in the last few months. The argument goes that by exploring the possibility of trade deals we can use our leverage to improve human rights abuses in these countries.

Good luck with that.

With more than 50000 people having had their motability cars taken away since the introduction of PIP maybe we could spend some time dealing with human rights abuses in our own country first.

Yeah good luck with that with our opposition parties.

The first step is to unseat as many Tory councils next month as possible.

And I have said before its difficult to judge western values against other cultures who may not share those values. See gender equality, see arranged marriages, see the age of consent, see capital punishment and stoning.

Plus firebombing Tokyo wasn't killing tens of thousands of civilians at all.

Japan. The only non violent army in the whole world. Lesson learnt?

How many Innocent prisoners of war were tortured and killed beforehand? A bombs ultimately Ended world war 2 and many historians think it saved lives

Luckily for people like Curtis LeMay and Bomber Harris, the victors tend not to be prosecuted for war crimes...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The MoD had mustard gas in WWII and there was a possibility that it may have been used to repel a German invasion. The gas was manufactured and stored at a site near to Mold in N Wales. The same site which laid the foundation for the Manhatten Project.

Although mustard gas is no longer stored (or manufactured) there, the site is regularly visited by CWC inspectors.

Luckily for people like Curtis LeMay and Bomber Harris, the victors tend not to be prosecuted for war crimes...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Were we guilty of war crimes in ww2?
Yes
On the scale of the Nazis or Japanese?
I think not.

That's why its called war. Its not pleasant and should be avoided.

We also were heavily involved in slavery too back in the 18th century. That hasn't stopped us becoming one of the most diverse and racially tolerant societies in the world. We learn and move on. Syria had chemical weapons. However they were detonated is moot. They are outlawed and should not have been there

It is a minimal stock. It is for research. It is still there though.

I agree that we declare it though. That is pretty much true, although I imagine there are some chemicals in there that are ultra secret.

There was a great piece of TV about the place a couple of years ago. It showed how much of the place worked and was really well worth a watch.

Yeah good luck with that with our opposition parties.

The first step is to unseat as many Tory councils next month as possible.

And I have said before its difficult to judge western values against other cultures who may not share those values. See gender equality, see arranged marriages, see the age of consent, see capital punishment and stoning.

It isn't opposition parties who introduced PIP and the consequences. The broad alliance, political and campaign groups, is pretty effective given the scant coverage of the issue. More coverage is given to the minority of people that go out if their way to cheat the benefits system than the many tens of thousands who are being cheated by the same system.

Cruel and heartless government is not the fault of the opposition parties in parliament, the responsibility for these policies and their consequences rest firmly with those who implement them.

It isn't opposition parties who introduced PIP and the consequences. The broad alliance, political and campaign groups, is pretty effective given the scant coverage of the issue. More coverage is given to the minority of people that go out if their way to cheat the benefits system than the many tens of thousands who are being cheated by the same system.

Cruel and heartless government is not the fault of the opposition parties in parliament, the responsibility for these policies and their consequences rest firmly with those who implement them.

No its with the system that allows 34% of a vote to give a majority government thereby disenfranchising 66% and the mentality of the Tory voters who know what they are getting. The abysmal lack of alternative under both Miliband and Corbyn only cement those who already voice Tory. There was a coalition government. That was the time to unseat them. Letting Milliband have the campaign when he was clearly crap was a mistake that many voters even non labour voters, could see. Then to elect Corbyn twice was, frankly, political suicide and a licence to the Tories to do what the hell they want.

It is a minimal stock. It is for research. It is still there though.

I agree that we declare it though. That is pretty much true, although I imagine there are some chemicals in there that are ultra secret.

There was a great piece of TV about the place a couple of years ago. It showed how much of the place worked and was really well worth a watch.

Is it on I player our similar? Do you remember the name?

I am buggered if I can remember - pretty sure it was a bbc prog so should be out there somewhere. Trust me - fascinating.

No its with the system that allows 34% of a vote to give a majority government thereby disenfranchising 66% and the mentality of the Tory voters who know what they are getting. The abysmal lack of alternative under both Miliband and Corbyn only cement those who already voice Tory. There was a coalition government. That was the time to unseat them. Letting Milliband have the campaign when he was clearly crap was a mistake that many voters even non labour voters, could see. Then to elect Corbyn twice was, frankly, political suicide and a licence to the Tories to do what the hell they want.

Would of course be helpful if Tory voters held their own party to account, took responsibility for what they vote for - not like the warning signs aren't there when they do so - and didn't just wang down a cross blindly every time an election came up.

Will never happen of course.

Watched a Fox interview with Trump yesterday. The women interviewing him was awful and stole the show when she proudly pointed out that all 59 missiles launched were "unmanned"

The best Trump could do was state how amazing his Chocolate cake was at the time he gave orders to launch the missiles..even managed to get the wrong country when telling the story but fuck it, the cake was awesome. Best you have ever seen.

Back