• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

If he is banned, strange he seems to be on QI

Sacked from mock the week for his comments on Rebecca Adlington. Must have served his ban. During which time he appears to have been in a pie eating contest with Jez Money and won!
When it comes to me listening to political opinion I prefer to listen to those wityh a littlke more political credibility than Frankie Boyle particularly given the shock value of his comic offerings. The man has made a living out of offensive jokes so its a bit rich for him to bang the drum of righteousness.

I refer my learned colleagues to the earlier post about hypocrites

Farage, Bannon, Trump and Le Pen must be right up your alley Cyber

Ah, hypocrites...

29lOYPA.png

Sacked from mock the week for his comments on Rebecca Adlington. Must have served his ban. During which time he appears to have been in a pie eating contest with Jez Money and won!
When it comes to me listening to political opinion I prefer to listen to those wityh a littlke more political credibility than Frankie Boyle particularly given the shock value of his comic offerings. The man has made a living out of offensive jokes so its a bit rich for him to bang the drum of righteousness.

He was censured for his jokes about the Princess Adlington and the Queen but wasn't sacked. He quit. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8287297.stm

Anyway moving on to the next Trump disgrace, his twitter comments about Nordstrom dropping the clothing range (very unsuccessfully) run by his daughter are bang out of order. Using your presidential position to try and influence decisions about family matters is wrong. Fucking hell Truman got slaughtered for writing a letter moaning about his six year old grandkid not winning a singing contest. You simply cannot blur personal and presidential matters.

All this shows is that no matter how many piles of paper he produces to "sign over his business" he is about as split from it as Gotti was from the Gambinos when in prison.

His comments about the serviceman he got killed were disgusting too.

love frankie boyle. not just for his comedy (which is inevitably hit and miss), more in ekeing out the complete lack of perspective from the people who generally criticise him.

Mock The Week was never quite the same that's for sure.

Tramadol Nights was cancelled mid-series too.

He does have the best turn of phrase of anybody out there, bar maybe Charlie Brooker...

"You look into Trump’s eyes and you see the fear and confusion of a man who has just been told he’s got stage-four cervical cancer. "

LOVE Charlie Brooker. Not sure about Black Mirror but his take on stuff is brilliant.

Farage, Bannon, Trump and Le Pen must be right up your alley Cyber

Really? After all my posts you truly believe that? I have always sat close to the centre right as I have repeatedly posted. What I hate is hypocrisy. And when a bigot attacks a bigot it just doesn't ring true

Really? After all my posts you truly believe that? I have always sat close to the centre right as I have repeatedly posted. What I hate is hypocrisy. And when a bigot attacks a bigot it just doesn't ring true

With all due respect, if you were a UKIP supporter for 20+ years and voted for Brexit, by definition that makes you a supporter of Farage. And he's an incredible hypocrite as well as being a bigot.

Boyle isn't bigoted or racist. He hates everybody equally.

i'd say that's his "comedic brand" rather than necessarily a reflection of him as a person. i mean when he makes jokes at his kids expense i doubt it means he actually hates them. some people probably can't tell the difference though.

but in the midst of many people finding just cause to be wholly critical of trump, it's striking how certain folk complain about frankie boyle, essentially via an ad hominem critique, rather than what he actually says. how 'tiresome' it must be for them to have to go to the trouble.

I posted a while back that surely it is best to read an array of opinions from people rather than just the people that reflect your values? (I meant no offence but the people I mentioned seemed to me to align closely with your political ideals, apologies if I am wrong). It is why I read the Mix too.

I read Quentin Letts article in the Fail (I think it was Sunday) and it was a dreadful rant about John Bercow and I didn't agree with a word of it. Nevertheless I was hoping it would add a different side to things. It didn't.

I do the same and fairly often will buy the spectator and telegraph. I do draw the line at reading the Mix, there's got to be a limit somewhere and the mix (and sun) are it.

Back