• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

Trump won because the Democrats put Hilary up and more people hate Hilary than hate Trump. It was a battle of the losers. The Democrats have as much blame in getting Trump elected as anybody else.

Even I agree with that!

$#@! me that's what I said for starters!

Not quite. The GOP as TSB says did everything in their power to stop Trump whereas the Democrats actively put Hilary forward against the popular opinion. That's just dumb.

Trump won because the Democrats put Hilary up and more people hate Hilary than hate Trump. It was a battle of the losers. The Democrats have as much blame in getting Trump elected as anybody else.

But more people voted for Hillary.

But he won. You need to ask yourself why. It has happened there, its happened here, it happened with brexit. Now watch France Denmark and Holland. Left wing politics has been cast aside by millions of disillusioned voters. The clever people will find out why and address it but its going to take years not months.

Maybe I didn't explain myself well. I think Trump is the C you were referring to. He may have been the Republican candidate in a two horse race but he is not a Republican. He is a product of what you are referring to. He is the option C.

But more people voted for Hillary.

Indeed, which tells you how badly they misjudged the swing states putting Hilary up for nomination. The Democrats needed a different untainted candidate instead of a crooked politician in a lot of people's eyes.

Many leavers still don't understand that they lost the referendum and we are leaving. It doesn't surprise me that the same people say they are confused, that using violence to try to make a political point, is abhorrent and hateful. It does nothing to further the cause of understanding and uniting people. I feel sorry for immigrants, they are being used by both sides. The right see it as a vehicle to get white people to vote, the left use immigration to provoke division and hatred, to try to obtain power and when they fail, they use immigration to whip up hysteria and to be the foot soldiers in violent demonstrations. Political parties have a duty to unite people, not divide them.
That is why the enemies of western democracy are rubbing their hands in glee.

Do you ever read what you are about to post?

How many people who voted remain are using violence to make a political point?

How many violent demonstrations have there been to remain in the EU?

Indeed, which tells you how badly they misjudged the swing states putting Hilary up for nomination. The Democrats needed a different untainted candidate instead of a crooked politician in a lot of people's eyes.

I don't disagree with this but Trump is not more popular in the US than Hillary (which says a lot) in terms of votes cast. I'm not sure from the outcome of the election that you can come to the conclusion that Hillary was hated more than Trump. Both seem equally despised.

I don't disagree with this but Trump is not more popular in the US than Hillary (which says a lot) in terms of votes cast. I'm not sure from the outcome of the election that you can come to the conclusion that Hillary was hated more than Trump. Both seem equally despised.

I agree with what you say but the votes cast are only part of the story. It is hard to quantify how her nomination motivated people to vote Trump in the swing states and how many people actively didn't vote for her because it was her. My assumption (based on a pretty small amount of data) is that it is both of these things that have made her more unpopular than Trump rather than the votes cast.

You also have the same on Trump's side too and I accept that.

I know you're more of a Liberal person Alan so what's your take on Pence, Bannon et al?
Pence is only less shocking than Trump because he is predictable. He's supported electro-shock therapy to "cure" homosexuality which says it all IMO.

Bannon would not have been out of place if he'd been in chains at Nuremberg. Trump is a madman but Bannon I feel is truly a white supremacist in the worst sense.

The rest range from questionable (as their new roles present a conflict of interest with their business lives) to laughably unqualified (see; DeVos, Betsy).

I do take heart that his choice for SCOTUS is actually a reasonable human being, even if he is conservative.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I agree with what you say but the votes cast are only part of the story. It is hard to quantify how her nomination motivated people to vote Trump in the swing states and how many people actively didn't vote for her because it was her. My assumption (based on a pretty small amount of data) is that it is both of these things that have made her more unpopular than Trump rather than the votes cast.

You also have the same on Trump's side too and I accept that.
Difference is that among all but die-hard party Democrats, Bill Clinton's presidency has not aged well. Right or not, Hillary carried both her own and her husband's reputations into the campaign.

Honestly, as soon as she uttered "basket of deplorables", the election was over.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Frankie Boyle has waded in (its in the guardian so I won't link it as we wouldn't want to upset the sensitive). It is savage, brutal and fucking bang on.

Donald Trump: a man so obnoxious that karma may see him reincarnated as himself

Frankie Boyle has waded in (its in the guardian so I won't link it as we wouldn't want to upset the sensitive). It is savage, brutal and $#@!ing bang on.

That well renowned moderate shy softly spoken Frankie Boyle or the sexist ,racist joke telling, mocking the disabled , Scottish independence campaigning left wing, banned from the BBC Frankie Boyle. Talk about kettle calling the saucepan sooty arse.

Its like reading that Stalin has complained about human rights abuses by Hitler.

Back