• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

Trump is a TV personality not a politician so the soundbites come out before they have been thought through at all

Unfortunately the policies he is following take the same journey

Let me change the focus a bit. Even if you disagree that the travel ban is a racist policy, do you think the man himself is racist?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I know you're more of a Liberal person Alan so what's your take on Pence, Bannon et al?

According to THM's logic, if they won an election then all of us who think they are a group of hateful, racist $#@!s apparently would just have to sit back and let them get on with it otherwise we would be bad losers trying to block the will of a democratic vote.

Apparently, you are not allowed to stand up for what you believe in or protest against things you find abhorrent. $#@! that.

It's called appeasement.

Probably something to do with YOUR posting five pages of frankly ignorant bull$#@!.

So enlighten me about the ban, on the 7 countries and tell me why YOU think it is racist. Because to say my point of view is ignorant bullshit and the people who disagree with me don't, you will have evidence, why the ban on 7 countries is racist. No good trying to insult people, show your intelligence with an argument.
So far, only Vis has said something constructive about the ban, that he said he would only let Christian refugees in. I think that is a very good point, but it could be counter argued that Obama only let 1% of Christians in, out of 10% of a Syrian population. You could say that, the Christians haven't been treated fairly. It is the same in England where only 2.5% of the refugees were Christian.
I will be enlightened, if you can do it, but I will not accept hysteria as clouding my thought.
If you can prove the ban on the 7 countries is racist go ahead and I will learn something, but meantime don't call me ignorant.

This is racist because it’s based on an irrational fear of an ethno-cultural group.

This is racist because it’s based on an irrational fear of an ethno-cultural group.

No it isn't, because the same group can travel to the USA if they have dual nationality and they are from the countries that are banned. So it is nothing to do with Ethno cultural as there are also people with who share the same Ethno cultural roots as in the banned countries, that are not banned. I don't think you have a case there.
This is to do where people are departing from, not to do with religion, as many Muslims can travel from other Muslim countries to the USA.
The reason I stand by my point of the ban not being implemented because of race, is because nobody has proved otherwise. I don't do it out of ignorance, If someone demonstrates the ban is racist, I'll accept their point of view. So far nobody has backed their point of view with facts.
Anyway, as Paddy called me ignorant, let him enlighten me and the forum.

Does it matter whether it's racist or not? The main point is that it's wrong against those that are not allowed to travel.

Does it matter whether it's racist or not? The main point is that it's wrong against those that are not allowed to travel.

That is a completely different point and of course I agree with you. Also many more want to come to the UK, that can't. I do agree that these people should be able to travel and be protected and many countries should hold their head's with shame.

racist is used these days for anything that seems to discriminate against a particular ethnic group even though thats not the original definition
1[mass noun] Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior:
The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:

I am not finding evidence that Trump's policies are based purely on colour or that he sees white people as superior . However the disproportionate number of white Muslims in the banned countries would equate to indirect discrimination if we use UK standards.They seem to be directed on religious grounds, namely Muslim and while they are a sledgehammer to crack a walnut they are there to prevent terrorists given that american citizens in general have a fear of terror- disproportionate to the reality it may be but then so is the fear of crime in the UK. All muslims are not terrorists however all ISIS terrorists are Muslims. I put it this way as that is the exact statement I agreed with over brexit. Not all brexiters are racist however racists would vote brexit.
Let me throw this spanner all the more into the works. How many traveller communities have been dismantled or moved on in recent years? Plenty. Are all travellers criminals then? No, but still it happens and continues to happen here. How big a vote winner is advocating a traveller community close to pretty much any town? Instant protest here in the UK.
So now lets go to objects instead of people. High profile campaigners want renewable energy, want reduction in greenhouse gasses, more recycling. Those same people are often the first to protest when a windfarm is proposed close to their little hamlet.

The word racist is very easy to use these days. As too is the word hypocrite

4a4ca51f8b35fec821e91ac2dff0e646.jpg

racist is used these days for anything that seems to discriminate against a particular ethnic group even though thats not the original definition
1[mass noun] Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior:
The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:

I am not finding evidence that Trump's policies are based purely on colour or that he sees white people as superior . However the disproportionate number of white Muslims in the banned countries would equate to indirect discrimination if we use UK standards.They seem to be directed on religious grounds, namely Muslim and while they are a sledgehammer to crack a walnut they are there to prevent terrorists given that american citizens in general have a fear of terror- disproportionate to the reality it may be but then so is the fear of crime in the UK. All muslims are not terrorists however all ISIS terrorists are Muslims. I put it this way as that is the exact statement I agreed with over brexit. Not all brexiters are racist however racists would vote brexit.
Let me throw this spanner all the more into the works. How many traveller communities have been dismantled or moved on in recent years? Plenty. Are all travellers criminals then? No, but still it happens and continues to happen here. How big a vote winner is advocating a traveller community close to pretty much any town? Instant protest here in the UK.
So now lets go to objects instead of people. High profile campaigners want renewable energy, want reduction in greenhouse gasses, more recycling. Those same people are often the first to protest when a windfarm is proposed close to their little hamlet.

The word racist is very easy to use these days. As too is the word hypocrite

My ex father-in-law swears he isn't racist, and I know he certainly doesn't believe in racial superiority and a "master race", and I expect would behave in a normal way towards non-whites. Yet he genuinely believes (or believed, no idea now) that black people should live in Africa, not Germany, and that that does not make him racist.

I'll leave that here as you seem to think he's non-racist.

He is discriminating with his entry requirements against people on grounds of their country of origin.

Racist. End of.

He is discriminating with his entry requirements against people on grounds of their country of origin.

Racist. End of.

Exactly. I struggle to see how this is so difficult to understand. He's a racist fucktard implementing racist fucktard policies.

He's also trying to assemble a team around him of people who have a history of racism and bigotry, who have backed anti-muslim activists and his chief advisor is a white supremacist hero.

No belief in white superiority at all there..

He's also trying to assemble a team around him of people who have a history of racism and bigotry, who have backed anti-muslim activists and his chief advisor is a white supremacist hero.

No belief in white superiority at all there..

Just in case somebody asks you for evidence of Trump's party and advisers being racist here you go: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38903338

Majestic work to not let somebody finish their speech deriding a supreme court judge because he's a racist prick.

But being an utter fucking arsehole isn't just the domain of Trump and the GOP but Putin is at it as well: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ange-to-law-decriminalising-domestic-violence

The world is not a very good place to be at the moment, anybody would think we are gearing for war.

Back