• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

Yes I agree with democratic protests, however I defend what I said, Trump protests in the UK are mainly from people who don't like May being defended by Trump. Trump saying we will have good trade deals, is to much for losers to come to terms with. While many leavers have no accepted the democratic referendum and parliament results, some on the very left are using Trump, to bash the Brexit goverment. Protesting is always legitimate, not accepting defeat is not.

For somebody that wanted to leave you seem to know a lot about people that voted to remain.

I know people will groan but what makes you think people that voted to leave aren't protesting about Trump? Is it possible that some of those that voted to leave don't want a racist, misogynist to visit the queen and tarnish this sovereign nation?

Trump said all refugees from Syria have suffered very badly. However Syria has a 10% Christian population and only 1% of the refugees who came from Syria were Christians. Christians have suffered maybe worst under Islamic State, so Trump feels he is doing his part to protect them.
You could ask, why were only 1% of the refugees under Obama, Christians, when they are suffering as much or in many cases more than the Muslims and are 10% of the population. It would be crazy to call Obama anti Christian and therefore racist.

Why is he banning refugees from Syria? How many terrorist attacks within the US have been committed by Syrian citizens?

Trump said all refugees from Syria have suffered very badly. However Syria has a 10% Christian population and only 1% of the refugees who came from Syria were Christians. Christians have suffered maybe worst under Islamic State, so Trump feels he is doing his part to protect them.
You could ask, why were only 1% of the refugees under Obama, Christians, when they are suffering as much or in many cases more than the Muslims and are 10% of the population. It would be crazy to call Obama anti Christian and therefore racist.
Patently false; ISIS holds Muslims who don't share their specific doctrine in much greater contempt than those of other religions.

The "Christians suffer worst under ISIS" line is a delusion meant to stir up Christians at home so they feel they need to retaliate against someone.

Also would like to point out that the majority of Americans do NOT support the ban, although Trump will tell you that the polls showing such (namely, all of them) are "fake".

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IF YOU WIN A VOTE YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLETE YOUR MANIFESTO, TO WHICH OBAMA, NEVER DID,by the way.

Not if it's illegal, which the court has decided it is. What happens next will determine if they are out to destroy liberal democracy, and i think they are

Patently false; ISIS holds Muslims who don't share their specific doctrine in much greater contempt than those of other religions.

The "Christians suffer worst under ISIS" line is a delusion meant to stir up Christians at home so they feel they need to retaliate against someone.

Also would like to point out that the majority of Americans do NOT support the ban, although Trump will tell you that the polls showing such (namely, all of them) are "fake".

Are the figures false, 10% of all Syrians are Christian, but only 1% of refugees from Syria who went to the USA are Christians?
Maybe it is because they would also get attacked in the refugee camps. Anyway, something is wrong there.

Yes but he letting other brown people in, so that isn't good enough. He is letting other muslim countries in, so there is nothing there and he is letting people from the banned countries in, if they have dual nationality and don8 depart from the banned countries.
So in short, it isnt against colour, it isnt about religion, it isnt even about where you come from, it is from where you depart from.

I'm going to spell this out for you - the Iraqi soldier in the front line fighting ISIS right now has been told he cannot visit the US because he's Iraqi, but the Saudi shooting at him from the other side has no problem provided he can hide his ISIS involvement. That is a big FU to actual allies in the fight against ISIS and makes the U.S. less safe, not more. Not that it matters, that's not the purpose of the ban.

I'm going to spell this out for you - the Iraqi soldier in the front line fighting ISIS right now has been told he cannot visit the US because he's Iraqi, but the Saudi shooting at him from the other side has no problem provided he can hide his ISIS involvement. That is a big FU to actual allies in the fight against ISIS and makes the U.S. less safe, not more. Not that it matters, that's not the purpose of the ban.

I agree with you but they are both the same race, so the ban isn't racist!

So Trump's ban on the 7 countries' citizens was racist.

I agree with you but they are both the same race, so the ban isn't racist!

All the 'Islam isn't a race, it can't be racist' bollocks pisses me right off. Ignoring linguistic semantics, would you argue with bigoted, hypocritical, duplicitous, or fascist? Do YOU think it's acceptable to ban people from the seven countries, but exclude Egypt, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia from his list of seven?

Are the figures false, 10% of all Syrians are Christian, but only 1% of refugees from Syria who went to the USA are Christians?
Maybe it is because they would also get attacked in the refugee camps. Anyway, something is wrong there.
You didn't really argue against me here.

All the 'Islam isn't a race, it can't be racist' bollocks pisses me right off. Ignoring linguistic semantics, would you argue with bigoted, hypocritical, duplicitous, or fascist? Do YOU think it's acceptable to ban people from the seven countries, but exclude Egypt, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia from his list of seven?

I think a President can ban who he wants, if he believes it's for the safety of his country. Personally I think Trump is an idiot that has also said somethings that could be seen as racist. Does that make his ban on those 7 countries racist, no it doesn't. Nothing to do with colour,or religion in the ban. The reason he doesn't ban Pakistan and Saudi, is financial and strategic, otherwise they would be on it too. Racism is a word thrown around to easily. Racism is a bad thing, because we don't like a person or his ideals, it still means we have to use the term where it's appropriate, otherwise when people are racist, it loses significance.
I do agree with your opinions on Trump being a vile person, just don't agree banning those 7 countries is racist.

Not racist then, but bigoted. Better?

I think a President can ban who he wants, if he believes it for the safety of his country. Personally I think Trump is an idiot that has also said somethings that could be seen as racist. Does that make his ban on those 7 countries racist, no it doesn't. Nothing to do with colour,or religion in the ban. The reason he doesn't ban Pakistan and Saudi, is financial and strategic, otherwise they would be on it too. Racism is a word thrown around to easily. Racism is a bad thing, because we don't like a person or his ideals, it still means we have to use the term where it's appropriate, otherwise when people are racist, it loses significance.
I do agree with your opinions on Trump being a vile person, just don't agree banning those 7 countries is racist.

You can't seriously believe any of that can you? In the face of every shred of evidence, judicial support and the fact a President can only act Constitutionally and within the law you still write that?

You can't seriously believe any of that can you? In the face of every shred of evidence, judicial support and the fact a President can only act Constitutionally and within the law you still write that?

Finishing about the racist aspect of Trump. Not getting anywhere, people have shown where they stand, have their views, nothing else to say on it. There isn't anything new being said now.

Finishing about the racist aspect of Trump. Not getting anywhere, people have shown where they stand, have their views, nothing else to say on it. There isn't anything being said now.
Let me change the focus a bit. Even if you disagree that the travel ban is a racist policy, do you think the man himself is racist?

Finishing about the racist aspect of Trump. Not getting anywhere, people have shown where they stand, have their views, nothing else to say on it. There isn't anything new being said now.

Probably something to do with YOUR posting five pages of frankly ignorant bullshit.

Back