• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

you know what

I'm actually impressed he only averaged 3 false statements a day during the previous year. Good for you Donny.

Hamid Dabashi has just ripped the skin off of America:

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/o...ON1jw2mbxDXskzh1myJ8FTomfy0rd44G4o_zQMOX4xqqw

One quick look at the red-blooded electoral map of the US after the midterm elections shows this, in fact, is certainly not - as liberals love to say - a divided country. It is a solidly and unmistakably racist, sexist, xenophobic and violent country obsessed with domestic gun violence and foreign conquest with a few pockets of wishy-washy liberal resistance here or there.

the electoral map is exactly that, who wins elections. americans themselves don't think it's representative of the population. democrats get more votes every election.

Our electoral system also can lead to the Party with the most votes not forming a Government. Attlee got more votes than Churchill in 1951 for example.

In the US you can't just "change it", because at some point the people that you want to change will have to vote on it. The Americans will explain this better than I, but having 2 seats per State, irrespective of size or population is a fundamental tenant of the Union. The population of Wyoming is about 1% of California yet they both get two Senators, there are 2 Carolina's, 2 Dakota's, but you aren't going to change that.

Where progress could be made is in the gerrymandering of districts to make them red. There are some ridiculous examples of boundaries drawn to deliberately exclude Democratic, mainly black and Hispanic communities and others of similar communities struggling to be able to register to vote or making it difficult for them to do so on the day with too few polling stations and too long queues.

Because of the source of the document there is one large area of red American psyche that it fails to address - God. He/she/it is an enabler and excuser for anything you wish to hide behind. Guns for example are a "God given right", therefore you don't get gun control. Invading Iraq, Bush and Blair prayed and guess what, God told them to have their illegal war. I saw on Bill Maher a couple of months ago, that in the last decade America has gone from 13-25%, who identify themselves as none religious. In the UK that is now over half and in the U25's 3/4. The sooner they catch up, the better

"Ivanka Trump used personal email for White House business"

Well then...LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP (I presume Donnie T will start this chant at his next rally)

I see Trumpy is doing his annual "Its going to be very cold so that proves global warming is a myth" shit

He will get absolutely annihilated by Clinton in the actual election. Trump is just another step along the path toward the Republican Party making itself utterly unelectable. See Palin, Sarah.

Yikes. This post aged well.

Not overly did it??? :icon_mrgreen:

I am still staggered enough of your country was dumb enough to elect the fucking cunt.

Not overly did it??? :icon_mrgreen:

I am still staggered enough of your country was dumb enough to elect the fucking cunt.

Dumb enough, no. Racist, sexist, violent, bigoted enough, yes.

The people who voted for him knew exactly what they were getting.

k9TNZhs.jpg

Back in the real world, the US Government is still shut down because this absolute child is sulking that no-one will give him the money to build a wall that can't be built.

And he will "keep it shut down for years" or "use emergency powers to get round it to build the wall"

For fucks sake. Somebody fucking vote with a bullet.

what cracks me up is he couldn't get funding for that wall with republicans owning every branch the last 2 years.

and now he thinks this is his big year to get it, with the democrats taking over the house? lunacy. :icon_lol:

Trump has a narcissistic personality disorder. This is a psychological condition in which a person has an inflated sense of their own importance, a dire need for excessive attention, if not admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. In addition, behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism. Hardly the kind of characteristics expected of a world leader! May 2019 give us all some Trump-free zones!

what cracks me up is he couldn't get funding for that wall with republicans owning every branch the last 2 years.

and now he thinks this is his big year to get it, with the democrats taking over the house? lunacy. :icon_lol:

This is perfect for him. He was never going to get the money for the wall and he knew it. Now he can "honestly" blame it on the Democrats.

Nothing I have seen has made me believe we're in for anything other than a second Trump term.

Back