• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

It's not hunting in and of itself that presents the problem (although I find it morally questionable at best). The problem is poaching which occurs outside the regulations set by the African governments which allow hunting of elephants (and it is worth pointing out that in most of those countries, the African Elephant is not considered endangered).

The real problem with this shocking decision from Trump is that it promotes the black market ivory trade by allowing the trophies from poaching to be legally sold, even if they weren't legally obtained. It's an unbelievably shallow decision from Trump and I can only assume that he profits from it in some way.

African elephants aren’t an endangered species.

$#@!ing developing countries and people over because Americans can’t stick to shooting animals and people in their own country is a dangerous trait, the people in these countries are not doing the harm (as is the case in the ones you listed). If you went to bandy around sanction and boycotts target the source.

I know you don't mean anything by it but this still reads like all of the US is gun-toting, bible-thumping, Tea Party numpties. We're not, as I'm sure you know.

Yes really.
http://www.ourendangeredworld.com/species/land-mammals/african-elephant/
They are classed as vulnerable in some counties.

I don’t agree with rescinding this ban (who would?), but, to repeat myself, you want to punish people with not much money because Americans feel the need to shoot stuff. That is fucking fundamentally wrong. You may as well punish Vietnam because Americans dropped a shit load of napalm on them.

I know you don't mean anything by it but this still reads like all of the US is gun-toting, bible-thumping, Tea Party numpties. We're not, as I'm sure you know.

You sure? :)

You sure? :)

Aye, I know I'm being precious but it just really pisses me off that Trump represents me. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

Some of the casual jingoism in this country is really disgusting. Like a common bumper sticker here: "Take back America!" Take it back?? From who? When did they take it? Why do you think America was ever yours!?

Gives me conniptions.

Aye, I know I'm being precious but it just really pisses me off that Trump represents me. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

Some of the casual jingoism in this country is really disgusting. Like a common bumper sticker here: "Take back America!" Take it back?? From who? When did they take it? Why do you think America was ever yours!?

Gives me conniptions.

That’s no different to the ‘take back control’ crap we have here. As if the UK has ever been ours - it is and always has been in the hands of the rich.

Trump will be gone soon enough, even if it is 4 or 8 years and things will change. America can get it so wrong at times, but also so right at time too - my kids are mixed heritage and it was amazing for me to see what could be achieved in America by someone like them when Obama was elected.

All I know is that a white man having a "take back America" bumper sticker is really, really ironic.

And ultimately I know you're right about Trump's time being limited, but man, some of the rhetoric that has come out in this latest political cycle really boils my blood.

- my kids are mixed heritage and it was amazing for me to see what could be achieved in America by someone like them when Obama was elected.

My kids are mixed heritage too, but I don't think any president dead or alive has too much influence on my kids on how much they can or cannot achieve.

My kids are mixed heritage too, but I don't think any president dead or alive has too much influence on my kids on how much they can or cannot achieve.

If this GOP tax plan passes you might have to rethink that bit, unfortunately.

It effectively increases the cost of graduate school by ~350%. The House version that just passed, anyway. Long way to go before it's signed into law, but there you have it.

It effectively increases the cost of graduate school by ~350%. The House version that just passed, anyway. Long way to go before it's signed into law, but there you have it.

So you are saying, potentially no kid moving forward can go to grad school if this bill passes?

So you are saying, potentially no kid moving forward can go to grad school if this bill passes?
Not strictly, no, but it makes it a hell of a lot more difficult to pay for.

Trump back to focusing on the important things...

Trump on Twitter said:
The NFL is now thinking about a new idea - keeping teams in the Locker Room during the National Anthem next season. That’s almost as bad as kneeling! When will the highly paid Commissioner finally get tough and smart? This issue is killing your league!.....

Whilst also bigging up the role he played in getting some NBA player (or possible NBA player) released from prison in China

Trump on Twitter said:
It wasn’t the White House, it wasn’t the State Department, it wasn’t father LaVar’s so-called people on the ground in China that got his son out of a long term prison sentence - IT WAS ME. Too bad! LaVar is just a poor man’s version of Don King, but without the hair. Just think.. ...LaVar, you could have spent the next 5 to 10 years during Thanksgiving with your son in China, but no NBA contract to support you. But remember LaVar, shoplifting is NOT a little thing. It’s a really big deal, especially in China. Ungrateful fool!

Guy is a moron. Can't stand 3 more years of his nonsense

I've just heard a very well respected political commentator say that he wouldn't be surprised if Trump won a second term.

Good lord.

Holy shit....
" I like youuuuuuuwwww *grunts*........ you're special"

Is he on drugs? He behaves like hes heavily medicated.

Nothing surprises you anymore, the GOP aren't going to do anything about him it seems bar McCain. Unless there is a Russian smoking gun, there's another 3 years of him minimum. The elections in the US a couple of weeks ago started to show some sort of backlash, a TG woman getting elected in Virginia against a sitting candidate who refused to even debate her as he refused to accept her for who she is for instance. However that's not the type of election Trump's base will come out for. From my understanding of American politics, which to be honest is mainly formed by Bill Maher and John Oliver that base seems pretty solid.

Everything is fake...but him, according to Trump. This is getting worse every week, how long can this go on?

Back