• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

valid point by CNN reporters, US presidents usually show sympathy for the victims and everybody involved..Trump mostly screams hatred and bringing more hate into society...14 tweets in the last 24h...does he have any advisors or is he doing as in the TV show apprentice..."you´re fired!"

I'd guess he's surrounded by yes men with their snouts in the trough and he's the president so they're all too scared of being told "you're fired" to say anything,and he's treating it as the Donald trump show and I can do what I want,with no understanding of the importance of and how he's bringing the role of president into disrepute,it's truly scary,and the U.S. Is looking like a powder keg waiting to blow

If Trump hits the proverbial red button most of the generals in the USAF will ignore it. At least, that's the feeling from people ITK over here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/17/donald-trump-barcelona-reaction-general-pershing-myth

As someone who targets what he calls "fake news", how come he gets his facts wrong so often and/or promotes myths?

A bit of George Orwell seems fitting here:

And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed – if all records told the same tale – then the lie passed into history and became truth. "Who controls the past," ran the Party slogan, "controls the future: who controls the present controls the past." And yet the past, though of its nature alterable, never had been altered. Whatever was true now was true from everlasting to everlasting. It was quite simple. All that was needed was an unending series of victories over your own memory. "Reality control," they called it: in Newspeak, "doublethink."

Last edited:
Good cover for the New Yorker:

DHdOgF5WAAAHL1m.jpg

The man who co-authored The Art of the Deal says that Trump will resign the presidency by Christmas.

I know very little about the American constitution. What is the procedure if a president resigns. The Vice President took office after Nixon fell on his sword, but this is different. I am not convinced Trump will resign, but what would happen if he did?

I know very little about the American constitution. What is the procedure if a president resigns. The Vice President took office after Nixon fell on his sword, but this is different. I am not convinced Trump will resign, but what would happen if he did?

This isn't really different, though.

Pence would become president. Not a great fall-back option, but better than what we have now (if only just).

Same if Trump died, was assassinated, was impeached, disbarred from office in some other way. Pence gets the job.

That is why American elections are done with two names on the ticket.

Pence is your conventional right wing Republican nutjub as opposed to the unconventional one who is currently in the White House. If he became President he'd be the most Conservative since Reagan.

Mexico cancels the aid offer they made to america following the hurricane, as instead of saying thank you, trump calls them the most criminal country in the world.
Mexico then incurs an 8.1 earthquake, and diverts the aid there when trump doesn't even tweet support or empathy.

Isolationism in motion.

The absolute fucking state of this.

IMG_20170923_110920.jpg.bbc4379414b2acafa7eb89fbaf10c16a.jpg

The President of the United States, ladies and gentlemen.

He's properly losing it, even by his standards.

The thing is no-one within the White House or the Republican Party has told him to shut the fuck up yet, so it probably won't stop until he leaves office...and imagine what he's going to be like towards the end of his term if/when it's apparent that he isn't going to win again.

The problem he's got is at the last election he hit his high tidemark, nobody who was eligible to vote in 2016 will vote for him in 2020 if they didn't previously so it's all about shoring up that support. To those in Hicksville Arizona this plays well, elsewhere it becomes more and more divisive. I believe there were scuffles outside the stadium in Philadelphia between protestors and fans. Philly as a City voted Clinton, but Pennsylvania as a State Trump.

I liked his withdrawl of his invite to Steph Curry to visit the White House after Curry had already told him he wasn't coming. He's a complete manchild.

Back