• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

Somebody tell him to stop tweeting, for his own sake

Aah ok, even worse then

It is. Watch it if you get a chance. It's so obvious that he's come out with a general script to heap the majority of the blame on the alt-right, but then a journalist says something that he doesn't like and in seconds he has completely flipped the script. He ends up implying that the Nazis drove a car into the counter-protestors out of self-defense!

It's a nightmare. It's like watching someone go through a deeply racist psychotic break.

It is shameful and I want off this wild ride, Mr. Bones.

I will turn on cnn soon, fakenews..fun when you used to watch bill o'reilly though on foxnews..he was crazy

e5ZOHch.jpg

From the guardian

It isn't wrong either.

I hate to say it but Trump is the biggest danger to the world in political office since a certain Mr Hitler. Sure there have been other nutters since, but they haven't had their thumb on the button of the biggest nuclear arsenal in the history of arms races.

He is like a big child at times. 3 CEO's quit his business councils in protest....so how does he react - stamps his feet and ends the running of them to stop others quitting.

It isn't wrong either.

I hate to say it but Trump is the biggest danger to the world in political office since a certain Mr Hitler. Sure there have been other nutters since, but they haven't had their thumb on the button of the biggest nuclear arsenal in the history of arms races.

I am far more concerned of Trump than I am of Kim Jong Un, to put it mildly.

It isn't wrong either.

+1
He's a danger to humanity, rhetoric on nuclear weapons and posturing against another nuclear state in a robust manner is incredibly dangerous especially to the world wide media.
I'm pretty sure his attitude is no one darent mess with America so they won't.
This man is not a politician he's a hard faced businessman who's use to making ruthless decisions.
I'm almost certain the American voters will see sense in just over 3 years time if we get there.

It isn't wrong either.

I said exactly this during the election campaign. It was quite obvious he was completely stupid, and would always try to shout the loudest in order to get his way, and thats what we are seeing.

He lurches from crisis to crisis, with idiotic soundbites (have you ever listened to him speak during pressers?) and is obviously more than willing to send troops in rather than sit down and talk through a crisis.

That video was disturbing.

Some time ago, there was a debate on here about whether violence could ever be justified in a demonstration - I wonder whether the sight of nazis walking down your street justifies counter violence? I think it does.

There is a frame of thought that essentially says that the mere presence of Nazi symbols/chants/etc. is itself inciting violence and therefore not protected speech by the 1st Amendment.

That point of view would never stand up in Congress but last weekend's events have put it in the spotlight for the time being.

There is a frame of thought that essentially says that the mere presence of Nazi symbols/chants/etc. is itself inciting violence and therefore not protected speech by the 1st Amendment.

That point of view would never stand up in Congress but last weekend's events have put it in the spotlight for the time being.

what's the argument against it that congress would rely on? free speech?

this escalation sums up why 'populist' people like trump are dangerous. essentially poking social wounds and promoting division for ratings rises and completely unable to cope in any way with the aftermath. despite what he says, I don't actually believe he has strong views on any issue other than whether it's good for him or might reflect him in good light. I doubt had he been really strong in the ratings he'd have reacted the same way. the weaker he is, the more reliant on group's like this he becomes.

I read on twitter one post where it was more than suggested the car driver was a Hilary stooge in the at of George Soros, simply out to discredit the "right". i'm sure certain people are indoctrinated to actually believe this sort of stuff.

It's as stark as the divide between the UK and US on guns, Nims. Hate speech is protected speech here. Anything short of "kill all n-words" is going to be defended by all but the most moderate conservatives.

Fascism seems much less evil when it's in the name of the stars and stripes. It's a sad but predictable state of affairs.

It's okay - I am sure America isn't lurching toward making the Handmaiden's Tale a reality at all.

It's as stark as the divide between the UK and US on guns, Nims. Hate speech is protected speech here. Anything short of "kill all n-words" is going to be defended by all but the most moderate conservatives.

Fascism seems much less evil when it's in the name of the stars and stripes. It's a sad but predictable state of affairs.

Its the same here Alan and it's a fine line between stifling debate and inciting violence. I don't condone violence on protests and don't agree with TSB's stance. If the Irish can do it then the Americans can and the Irish hatred is some of the worst I've witnessed first hand.

I find white supremacists disgusting scum of the worst kind and I don't think they should be allowed to march anywhere on mass but they are allowed their opinions no matter how abhorrent.

It's okay - I am sure America isn't lurching toward making the Handmaiden's Tale a reality at all.
Definitely not. In the long term I think the increased visibility of this disease is a good thing. We can't deny any longer that it exists. And now we can truly confront it.

I hope.

Back