• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

I'd rather we spent our budget in January on players who could make a difference immediately. I'm not holding my breath.

Depends really, I guess if Graham does well we'll either extend the loan or buy him in which case buying one for the future would be good. If he doesn't do well then a main striker to improve our first 11 is an absolute must

If the last two games, at least, have shown us anything, it is that we still have a need for a good, experienced CB.

Physical forwards seem to be able to bully Stearman, and EEL is naive in the defensive arts at the moment and his distribution is poor.

KJ could play Ricketts there but seems reluctant, so we are going to struggle until the new year.

I don't think EEL's distribution is poor, just not quite up to the level we need it to be if we're going to be spending so much time playing the ball along the back 4.

He's definitely improved in that aspect of his game. I was surprised how much more comfortable he looked as I didn't think he was eve technically good enough for League 1 in all honesty, fair play to him.

If he keeps improving he could make a decent career for himself at this level but we will need to be producing better if we want to progress ourselves. I think Hause will get his opportunity soon. Jackett rates him and Iorfa.

I think you have to give people the benefit of the doubt when they don't speak English as there first language

I agree.I just don't think he has the determination needed,he seems happy to coast on his talent in safe Norway.
Cup final on Sunday,then we'll see I guess.

I still want us to dial back the tempo and try to control the game. We were seeing much better results from low-scoring defensive affairs. I trust our guys to squeak out 1 or 2 goals instead of leaving such a liability in the back to where they need 3 or 4.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

I still want us to dial back the tempo and try to control the game. We were seeing much better results from low-scoring defensive affairs. I trust our guys to squeak out 1 or 2 goals instead of leaving such a liability in the back to where they need 3 or 4.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Low tempo football?

Yuck!

Didn't know where else to put this but the OS has two articles that seem to indicate Sigurdarson and Boukari will be given runs in the team once they're back from loan and healthy, respectively.

It's been talked about in General Wolves News, buddy.

Sigurdarson has ability but doesn't have the desire or ambition to back it up. He'll end up bumbling around in leagues where pedestrian, non-contact football is played because it's easier for him than taking up a real challenge.

We wanted Britt on loan from Watford last season from what I heard, but he ended up signing for Peterborough permanently.

Hi wolves fans, thought I would give you a little information on our Ivan Toney who you appear to be interested in! Ill be gutted to lose Ivan, hes arguably our best ever prospect. For a young forward he really is fantastic in the air, he wins so many of his headers and really is a threat from crosses. He is also technically superb, has a great first touch and has more than a few tricks. Negatives are he does go to ground a little easy on occasions and his finishing is still a little wayward at times. Overall though he really does look the real deal. 7 Goals already this season for an 18 year old is a great return I think its fair to say. Think it would have to be a high 6 figure sum to prize him away from us. In which case please loan him back!

Interestingly we had Saido Berahino on loan at the same age so comparisons have been made a lot. Berahino looks a better finisher, but Toney the better ability I would argue.

Thanks for that. Interesting that you believe Toney has better ability than Berahino at the same age, the lad sounds a real prospect.

Hi wolves fans, thought I would give you a little information on our Ivan Toney who you appear to be interested in! Ill be gutted to lose Ivan, hes arguably our best ever prospect. For a young forward he really is fantastic in the air, he wins so many of his headers and really is a threat from crosses. He is also technically superb, has a great first touch and has more than a few tricks. Negatives are he does go to ground a little easy on occasions and his finishing is still a little wayward at times. Overall though he really does look the real deal. 7 Goals already this season for an 18 year old is a great return I think its fair to say. Think it would have to be a high 6 figure sum to prize him away from us. In which case please loan him back!

Interestingly we had Saido Berahino on loan at the same age so comparisons have been made a lot. Berahino looks a better finisher, but Toney the better ability I would argue.
Wouldn't surprise me if the potential is there for a buy/loan back for the rest of the season agreement to be reached if we're serious.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

If we can get him in to cover the loss of Sako I'd be very pleased to be honest. Very good player at this level. Also mentions that Blackburn want van la Parra which I'd be extremely surprised if we let happen.

Still feel we need a centre back in urgently. Is Maguire still nowhere near at Hull? And a dominating centre midfielder who is good on the ball, which isn't easy to find.

Why isn't RVLP playing? It's frighteningly obvious how much pace we lack in the attacking third. I know Henry has been playing well but he hasn't got the ability to beat his man.

Back