• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Can Henry play centrally? In a #10?

Edwards destroyed our second half possession with his awful positioning. I'd say that's the more important fix.

Edwards destroyed our second half possession with his awful positioning. I'd say that's the more important fix.

Think Edwards positioning was the least of our possession problems, more to do with our slow decision making, poor execution of passing and non existent movement in all areas of the field, plus without the ball our pressing and closing down was pathetic which meant we spent most of the half chasing shadows

So far then I think it would be fair to say we need a RB, CB, CM, ACM and LW between now and the end of the season and that's assuming Graham is the alternative striker we need.

Five players is a lot to bring in without major disruption. However, 2 in Jan and 3 next summer isn't unreasonable and if the board are serious about playing at the top level again that is the minimum I expect. If they give that to Jackett and we look a decent bet for top 6 then I don't think any fan would moan too much.

This season is a write off now though.

Edwards is one of one players that get into scoring positions.. close to scoring today, really we need his running off the ball...the others are shit atm

Would he? What's gone wrong for him at Leicester? I thought he'd make the step up easily.

A quick look at FoxesTalk tells me that a) he's too slow for the Prem and b) he's out of contract this summer.

Too slow? I find that hard to believe.

Would he? What's gone wrong for him at Leicester? I thought he'd make the step up easily.

Very similar to Kightly. Brilliant at this level but struggles against the better full backs in the Prem.

Maybe we're going to get a "new" CB - Hause's been recalled from his loan.

It's not a write off for me. We can still consolidate and finish strong. I wouldn't mind a playoff spot finish but if, for some reason, we were to win it, we'd get slaughtered at the next level.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

It's not a write off for me. We can still consolidate and finish strong. I wouldn't mind a playoff spot finish but if, for some reason, we were to win it, we'd get slaughtered at the next level.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

I'd rather take the slaughtering if it comes with a huge boost to our financial coffers.

We're getting slaughtered at this level. I'd take a guaranteed mid-table finish right now, tbh.

Rewind six weeks or so and the delusion on here was that we were already good enough to compete with the likes of QPR, Villa, Newcastle etc.

Gillingham supporters on twitter seem to think Hause is ready for 1st team ball with us.

Back