• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Yep, the Gills fans on Quirk's forum who are usually a decent group are all gutted he's leaving.

34KortneyHause34 ‏@DaRealKPDH 1m1 minute ago
Happy that my performances at @TheGillsFC and @england have helped me to be recalled back to @OfficialWolves #GodIsGood ��������
Wonder if he's assuming or if he's been told something.

I wish he'd knock off the Daniel Sturridge style God bothering for a start.

Now get Price back. I can't work out how Rowe or Saville are an upgrade on him.

Oh, I agree. I find it odd indeed that Price has seemingly been frozen out.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mac and Price with Evans pushed farther forward. We got that a few times last season to relatively good effect, IIRC.

I actually haven't seen a massive amount of Jack Price, the games I went to last season he was dropped/injured so somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.

I get the impression that KJ doesn't quite trust Price defensively. Not because of his size or his willingness to get stuck in but his positioning and decision making. It's something I think Lee Evans does very well and may be the reason he got the nod over Price at the start of the season.

I somehow got the impression that Price's positioning was the strongest facet of his game, but I could have dreamt that, as well.

Price is very good organisationally imo. He does a lot of small stuff, & a lot of give & go, setting others up to do the hollywood stuff.
He's also constantly talking and encouraging other players, looking at team shape etc.

I think we're missing him.

Evans frustrates me at times. He plays too many long Hollywood balls - great when they come off but when it goes straight out for a throw I find myself tearing chunks of my hair out. I prefer Price who tries to keep it simple, and frankly that's what we need at this moment in time.

Oh, I agree. I find it odd indeed that Price has seemingly been frozen out.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mac and Price with Evans pushed farther forward. We got that a few times last season to relatively good effect, IIRC.

I keep saying to anyone that will listen that we should be playing with McDonald just in front of the back four, with Evans and Rowe/Price in front of him, VLP on the right and Sako on the left and Dicko/Graham in the middle.

We've got to stop shipping so many goals as a priority.

From what I've seen we effectively park Evans and KMac in front of the defence anyway.

From what I've seen we effectively park Evans and KMac in front of the defence anyway.

This..must be so inviting for other teams just to press high and conquer the ball high up the pitch and have a go at our goal..we are slow and clueless on the ball in the backfour

Would welcome Price back & not sure why he went out (though the Orient fan I spoke to Sat lunchtime was more than pleased to get him back). Think he keeps things simple & allowed KMac to play a bit further forward. Slight worry that he's not been tested at this level, but we won't know if he can unless we do & not been impressed with Rowe or Saville as his alternatives.

Hause presumably only coming back as cover with EEL's injury & Batth 1 yellow off a suspension. Would be surprised to see him put straight into the starting 11, but after 10 conceded in 3 wouldn't object if he was. Something needs to change.

Certainly against Derby and at least the second half against Forest McDonald was virtually a fifth defender, the resulting football was turgid and we let in eight goals.

Just listening to 5live talking about Liverpool. Waddle was saying teams are closing Gerrard down and are happy to see their defence given the responsibility to distribute it. Seems a very similar situation re us and McDonald

It's annoying that it's been apparent for a while and KJ has even mentioned it and there hasn't been any noticeable change in his play or positioning

It's annoying that it's been apparent for a while and KJ has even mentioned it and there hasn't been any noticeable change in his play or positioning

KJ is usually quite good at that. It hasn't happened often under Ken but whenever I've came away from games feeling frustrated and pissed off at the way we've approached it KJ comes out and says exactly what I'm thinking. It's refreshing really, especially when he then goes out and backs up his words with actions.

The only time I've felt that that wasn't the case with Ken was this time last year when we were playing Doyle and Cassidy up front and leaving Griffiths on the bench. It turned out that he didn't really have many options at that point and I think that might be the case this time as well. Hopefully we'll see a bit of movement before the loan window closes and then a bit more in Jan to give him those options.

Pete O Rourke
Wolves are set to make Leon Clarke available on loan as they prepare new move for Northampton's Ivan Toney. #wwfc #ntfc

Back