• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Exciting investment in a new young talent or the signing of an idle overpaid player who wouldn't suit our system anyway. I know which one I'd prefer.

Its come to something when people out in the Twittersphere are moaning that we are not making an approach for Darren Bent on loan.

Its like the build up to our collapse to League One with a team of over paid don't give a $#@! lazy bastards never happened

Are you actually surprised?

Looking at the U21 report last night and I see Chris Herd is back from injury, he is somebody I would look to take and can play CB, RB or the deep lying midfielder. Has bags of energy, pace and is a bloody good defender. Should be out playing rather than stuck in the res's. Would take Grealish too but not so sure Villa would let him out.

I would have both too Johnny, not sure why VIlla are letting Grealish just sit in the reserves. He's should be playing first team football somewhere

I hope they don't loan him to Blose. Why go strengthening them when we're clearly in need of a midfield injection.

Really does my head in that he hasn't had a proper chance this season

He's had chances. He's looked wank every time.

You talking about last season ? When he was forming a great partnership with Macca. Or the one solitary game he's played for us this season ?

He's played 11 times for us this season and hasn't done a thing right. He was so bad vs Ipswich that he was subbed on and then subbed back off again and his performances vs Blues, Blackpool and Leeds (3 of the worst teams in the division. He started all 3 and was subbed off in all 3 btw) were utterly limp and lifeless.

He looks devoid of any confidence atm, if he can go away and get back to his best at Blues then great but it's not going to happen sat on the bench at Wolves.

You know something. I could have sworn it said Price. My apologies for my blindness.

He's played 11 times for us this season and hasn't done a thing right. He was so bad vs Ipswich that he was subbed on and then subbed back off again and his performances vs Blues, Blackpool and Leeds (3 of the worst teams in the division. He started all 3 and was subbed off in all 3 btw) were utterly limp and lifeless.

He looks devoid of any confidence atm, if he can go away and get back to his best at Blues then great but it's not going to happen sat on the bench at Wolves.

He's clearly not a winger though.

Maybe if Jackett doesn't see him in his natural position (Behind the striker) maybe he should just leave. As Penk said he's not a winger, and you can see that when he constantly drifts inside into his comfort zone.

I hate - with a passion - the English fetishisation of size and strength over skill and technique, but from what I've seen I really don't think Jacobs is physically strong enough, or fast enough, or has enough stamina, to play at this level in a number 10 role. So he's been shunted out onto the wing as backup for Sako, and no surprises that he's been poor there as he's not a winger.

Back