• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Dwight Gayle would be excellent.

Yes please..quick and a decent record

There are no guarantees in football, and a dozen sides will be thinking the same as Wolves. Just Look at Nottm Forest signing a Tom Ince may not improve their chances. That said I would ask Warnock for any one or two from three out of Dwight Gayle, Glenn Murray and Jonathan Williams.

Maybe we can get that young, dynamic, midfielder....er Guedioura ;)

If Jonathan Williams wasn't so easily broken I'd have him in an instant, fantastic footballer. Gayle I'd have too.

If Villa aren't going to use Jack Grealish, I'd have him here in a heartbeat.

Yeah I thought about Grealish too, fairly realistic option you'd think

Aren't we trying to get loans that can be permanents? If so, Grealish signing a new deal might put us off. For the purposes of improving the team, then absolutely yes please to Grealish and Gayle.

I think so but could be useful if we lose Sako. Although on that thought I may rather toss in Eusebio if we need reinforcements on the wings.

That's pretty damning stuff but not at all surprising given the team he was a part of.

^Real shocker, that.

Wouldn't be such a shocker if it read "In England I didn't make any friends in the team"...saying "you don't" means you speak for everyone which is obviously wrong.

He's not pulled up any trees for Molde either fwiw,I'll be surprised if Molde puts up the money to buy.

He won't be a target anymore for us but I was at a practical session today at Uni and a coach (first time I'd met him) was telling everyone how he had scouted Tyrone Mings several times and knew him well so knew his character and attitude. Other Ipswich scouts thought he was no good, but Mick went with his recommendation I think and boght him for 10k. This is where I got confused because he then said my manager Kenny Jackett saw him play and put in a 250k bid, so maybe I heard wrong who he had scouted for but he definitely said that we put a bid in of 250k. And Palace bid 2.5m after and was rejected too.

I've scouted Warrington's Metcalfe now,we should buy him.He's quick. :)

Gayle being linked on loan again today via Twitter, doubt there's anything in it but hope there is

Gayle being linked on loan again today via Twitter, doubt there's anything in it but hope there is

It's one of those dodgy-looking "agent" accounts on Twitter. I wouldn't get my hopes up but if by some strange coincidence he turned up I'd be very happy. I suppose it gives the Guess and Stir something to fill a double page spread with at least.

There's a rumour doing the rounds up here that we're trying to sign David Goodwillie on loan. :jpshakehead:

It's one of those dodgy-looking "agent" accounts on Twitter. I wouldn't get my hopes up but if by some strange coincidence he turned up I'd be very happy. I suppose it gives the Guess and Stir something to fill a double page spread with at least.

Surely if we were after him from January we'd just loan him now and then extend it in January?

He was supposed to be good once upon a time.

He was awesome for Arabs. Done nothing since though. He's also a right tosser. He's always out in Stirling pissed and starting fights.

Back