• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Wot he said.

We have to bring in at least two attacking players in January - we are going to need a powerful forward as we struggle in this system without one clearly and someone like Sako is going to be hard to replace but a left sided player with pace would be handy.

I know people want us to sign a number ten but I'd hate that to happen without Jacobs getting an opportunity.

I know people want us to sign a number ten but I'd hate that to happen without Jacobs getting an opportunity.
He's really not shining at the moment though. & Edwards is making himself undroppable too.

Wot he said.

We have to bring in at least two attacking players in January - we are going to need a powerful forward as we struggle in this system without one clearly and someone like Sako is going to be hard to replace but a left sided player with pace would be handy.

Agreed, If Edwards or Clarke are better than Jacobs in the number ten role I'm watching a different game, Clarke is clueless and Edwards just wishes to be an auxiliary striker, which just leaves a massive gap from back to front.

Edwards' runs on saturday freed up space for that lummox Clarke, and his impact was really noticeable.

Agree Paddy, he came on and did well. He's played very well this season and made it hard for Jackett to drop him!

If you ask who I prefer out of the two, I'd go Jacobs. Better finisher, better header of the ball too, can receive in tight areas and turn and run at defenders .. But my guess is for whatever reason Jackett doesn't trust him there and Edwards does a very good job winning the ball back at the moment

I'm not a great lover of Edwards, but he certainly is a better player in the 10 position than Clarke

That table is nonsense. Not a go at you but I've seen it circulated a number of times now in various places, it's just guesswork. Look at the wooly statement about us. No facts.

We put all of our losses, effectively writing off the contracts of our top earners into the loss last year to ensure that we now comply with FFP.

Agree Paddy, he came on and did well. He's played very well this season and made it hard for Jackett to drop him!

If you ask who I prefer out of the two, I'd go Jacobs. Better finisher, better header of the ball too, can receive in tight areas and turn and run at defenders .. But my guess is for whatever reason Jackett doesn't trust him there and Edwards does a very good job winning the ball back at the moment
I think Jacobs has a lot of affection from Wolves fans. He shone last season. However this season he's been poor. Didn't do well against blues, & as a sub was subbed v Ipswich.
He really seems to be struggling this year.

I think Jacobs has a lot of affection from Wolves fans. He shone last season. However this season he's been poor. Didn't do well against blues, & as a sub was subbed v Ipswich.
He really seems to be struggling this year.

He really hasn't had the opportunity in his favoured position. All season not just recently Wolves have struggled to link back to front through midfield because the number ten role has been pretty much ignored.

Which is why the majority of our goals do seem to come from crosses. The goal against Leeds was a really good move through the middle but I can't remember many of our goals this season like that. Sako v Huddersfield was a good one too.

13/24 goals we've scored this season (quickly ran through our fixtures) have come from crosses.

That's pretty damning stuff but not at all surprising given the team he was a part of.

In England you don’t make friends in the team.

^Real shocker, that.

Rob Dorsett @Dorselator ·
I asked Morgan whether there is money for a #wwfc promotion push in January: "I've never turned Kenny down when he's asked for a player"

- Good news

Do we think we will maybe push the boat out a bit in an attempt to gain promotion? We have a decent team, top six material probably but this league is definitely there for the taking if we could gain some consistency and better depth of quality footballers.

Do we think we will maybe push the boat out a bit in an attempt to gain promotion? We have a decent team, top six material probably but this league is definitely there for the taking if we could gain some consistency and better depth of quality footballers.
There are no guarantees in football, and a dozen sides will be thinking the same as Wolves. Just Look at Nottm Forest signing a Tom Ince may not improve their chances. That said I would ask Warnock for any one or two from three out of Dwight Gayle, Glenn Murray and Jonathan Williams.

Gayle's a good shout.

Back