• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Some of the comments over on Facebook are laughable towards this. Typical Neanderthal responses.

To be fair, I can understand why people are pissed off about signing a player that they've never seen play and probably never heard of before he was linked to us.

Yeah but again its Moxey and Morgan's fault for Jackett saying no...

I think it shows our faith in Liam McAlinden more than anything.

Two assists and a goal Saturday. Keep that develop going throughout this season and we'll see how he is next season. Its a pointless exercise having him at Wolves this season unless after or coming up to January we are down to Dicko or another. He needs a full season playing unlike last season that development was stunted, if he had stayed out on loan he would have been better equipped this season I suspect.

I'm slightly disappointed about Juan, but it's his own fault by the sounds of it. What we really need are defensive reinforcements since Kenny has us pushed so far up the damn pitch this month.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

If Sagbo doesn't stay (too early to say either way yet....hasn't made a great start though) then I would definitely have McAlinden back here in January and immediately moved above Clarke who should never play for us again.

Hoping McAlinden continues this beautiful development throughout this season and we can at least make a push for playoffs to finish a solid outing. He could be absolutely thunderous for us next season.

I stealth edited to reflect a more conservative view of Liam. Obviously not impressed with Sagbo but it doesn't seem like we'll be in a make or break run of games this year. We can tread water comfortably, at the very least.

Sagbo can play better than he has been but then so can most of our team so who knows what's going wrong at the moment.

Trying to have our cake and eat it too.
We're either really good at scoring goals or really good at keeping goals out. Never both simultaneously.
I would appreciate Kenny taking his more defensive approach again and letting the boys work out how they're going to get goals. We won't just stop scoring altogether, surely.
You have got to provide arguably the best keeper in the division the chance to do his job successfully and win us games. Right now, you can literally peg every goal allowed on an individual not named Carl.

Very few goals are ever entirely the fault of the keeper (bar the obvious monumental bollock drops)

I like MacAlinden but I think he is more a winger than out and out striker

Clarke just doesn't try hard enough.....

Sagbo has been disappointing

We need some one strong who can hold the ball, with a bit of arial threat to make the most of our crosses.....a Bully would be great

We need some one strong who can hold the ball, with a bit of arial threat to make the most of our crosses.....a Bully would be great

You'll be disappointed with Bully then. He was strong but certainly not a striker that would hold the ball up or win a lot of crosses. Bully's game was brute strength and running onto balls.

You'll be disappointed with Bully then. He was strong but certainly not a striker that would hold the ball up or win a lot of crosses. Bully's game was brute strength and running onto balls.

.........and putting them into the back of the net. ;)

yes - he had a terrible first touch, but the second one was usually in back of net !!!

Not narrowing it down but I remember seeing Bully get a brace at Mol where as I remember it, both goals came off dreadful first touches! one of them was so bad it went about 6 yards away from him, however he just bruted the defender out the way and smashed it in. Fucking class that lad!

Back