• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Meh, Zambia have started very poorly in qualifying so might not even make it

Edit - having mayuka may not solve afcon dicko issue

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/09/18/clubs-competing-lure-hot-property-luongo

It sounds like your typical agent-talks-to-mate-in-media puff piece but Wolves are one of three teams supposedly interested in Massimo Luongo from Swindon when transfer window opens back up. Exciting youngster who's definitely on the rise. He's a central midfielder who's anchored in front of their defence last couple of seasons. Showed in Australia friendly that he can play up the pitch too so seems versatile. They already knocked back a bid north of a mill so would take more than that to grab him I'd imagine.

Luongo is a good player but we've got 5 better than him in his position. Wouldn't be surprised if KJ & KT were monitoring his progression but it wont go further than that.

Will apparently line up for us against QPR's U21 side tomorrow.
I don't see how he would expect to get a work permit this time, as opposed to when he was with Stoke. And for him to turn down Werder Bremen is idiotic.

I really wouldn't mind him as a sub for Dicko, Henry, or RVLP to be honest. He reminds me of a mix between Callum Wilson and Nakhi Wells. No one knows how high his ceiling is since he continues to make Freddy Adu-esque career decisions.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Not sure what you see in him tbh. I think he's shit. Ultra-diet Balotelli.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2079254/...mpionship-side-wolverhampton-wandererssources

Not sure how much truth there is in this. Or really what the point would be seeing as he clearly can't get a work permit.

Seems there is no issue with it

the player may be obtaining a Cypriot passport shortly, Wolves head coach Jackett doesn’t foresee any problems with red tape.

“I don’t think the work permit is an issue. Everything looks OK,” said the boss.

“We haven’t applied for one because we haven’t decided to sign him yet but the enquiries we’ve made so far suggest everything will be fine if we want to take him.

“He’s 21 so if we do sign him we’ll be looking to make him a first-team striker. He’s been on trial this week so we’ll have a look at him in the game and then we’ll talk.”

It seems that you can get Cypriot citizenship without any particular connection to the island. You just need to buy 2 million euros worth of cypriot property and you automatically qualify.

Morgan needs to build some nice £2m villas in Paphos and sell one to each incoming player with potential work permit problems...

"the potential to eclipse Altidore" is a comment I've just read.

Hmmmm.

It seems that you can get Cypriot citizenship without any particular connection to the island. You just need to buy 2 million euros worth of cypriot property and you automatically qualify.

Morgan needs to build some nice £2m villas in Paphos and sell one to each incoming player with potential work permit problems...

my dad's got some property there he can buy for €2m. someone please let him know asap. i promise it will go through smoothly though may not be as plush as he is used to

Back