• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Agent bollocks for the first almost certainly. Danish paper guess work for the second.

Can't see either being on our radar.

He plays in Norway for Vålerenga.He's scored 24 in 22 which even in our poorish league is unheard of since Odd Iversen scored 30 in 18 back in 68!
:)

Two names popping up today, Innocent Emeghara and Vidar Kjartansson. The first is a free agent and apparently in talks with us and Bolton. Danish papers have reported that we are looking to swop Siggy for the second.

Innocent sounds familiar,was he at the world cup?

Anyway,I wouldn't waste time and money on Kjartansson.Get someone younger with potential to be a PL striker.

Yeah think he's off to Bolton. They are signing Paddy Kenny too :icon_lol:

Would really like us to go for James Wilson on loan but after Welbeck and Hernandez leaving I'm not sure they want to be left with just three forwards (as good as they are). Chuba Akpom has been in fine form for Arsenal u21s. He has a great record for them at that level but did struggle to make an impact at Coventry and Brentford last season.

Would absolutely love Wilson here. I suppose there is a small chance given that they only have league games between now and January?

Wilson and Akpom are the two that standout as possible options alongside Graham and Wood when you look at Premier League squads. I don't think Kenny will go for a loan unless there is potential to buy afterwards though.

Wilson and Akpom are the two that standout as possible options alongside Graham and Wood when you look at Premier League squads. I don't think Kenny will go for a loan unless there is potential to buy afterwards though.

In which case he will leave it until 93 days before the January window, as I said in the loan window thread. :)

Plenty of speculation on Twitter this am about Emmanuel Mayuka from Southampton
Some says "he's a beast on FIFA15" which should surely be enough for KJ and KT...

For once I actually know what I'm taking about, having followed Zambian football very closely for many years.

Mayuka was a fantastic prospect when he was younger, but has really stagnated at saints. He always looks very good for the National team. He's very quick, hard working and a good finisher. He'd make a great alternative to dicko.

Quote on E&S... "Here's what he can do - check out our video compilation of Emmanuel Mayuka's skills. He could be a real find for Wolves!" Then supply a link to YouTube :icon_lol:

Top work on the research there E&S

Fantastic from the E&S - he can hold an arrow and he can turn a mean somersault...

I like Mayuka (no surprise there) but wouldn't have expected us to bring in a player of that style when Dicko is already similar.

As long as it means we can bin off Clarke, I'm happy for him to come in.

I like Mayuka (no surprise there) but wouldn't have expected us to bring in a player of that style when Dicko is already similar.

So when Dicko is tired or away on ACN duty we'll just play Clarke then?? I'd rather we signed someone who can play in the formation that suits us....In fact I'd rather we just signed someone and binned Clarke down to his level in League One/Two

So when Dicko is tired or away on ACN duty we'll just play Clarke then?? I'd rather we signed someone who can play in the formation that suits us....In fact I'd rather we just signed someone and binned Clarke down to his level in League One/Two
Fair point, I keep forgetting about ACN.

Back