• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

At what point is he turning into this monster of a forward though Alan? Because a scoring rate of 1 in 30 is pretty damning and as I say his general play is dreadful.

It's more your Floridian (?) mate I'm getting at that though. Have a read back of his post. Why should we need to "show our working" on talking about someone who pound for pound, has been the worst forward in this country at the top level for at least 20 years? Carl Leaburn was more prolific.

Defending Fletcher whilst hating on Altidore says it all, really.

Oh. My. God.

This is unbelievably hilarious Alan, I'm sorry.

As Del said, completely different planets.

Floridian is the proper word, yeah.

It's not so much the "he's shite in England" (he clearly is thus far) thing that gets me, simply that I know he's not all-around dreadful. That he fails to show so in the Prem frustrates the daylights out of me.

He has only scored goals in Holland as far as I can see at club level? Afonso Alves scored goals in Holland.

He has only scored goals in Holland as far as I can see at club level? Afonso Alves scored goals in Holland.

As did Mateja Kezman.

For PSV: 105 in 122

Moves away to decent leagues:

Chelsea: 4 in 25
Atletico Madrid: 8 in 30
PSG: 5 in 35

There's a bit of a theme here.

I could understand if Altidore offered a lot in general play - but he doesn't. He really does look like a competition winner. He is so out of kilter with everyone else on the park, he's so cumbersome, he is never where he should be or even near making the right runs. Just shocking.

Not just him, look at Kezman who only scored goals at Fenerbache once he left, El Hamdaoui has been awful at Fiorentina and Malaga.

And that Ruud van ... oh no he did well here :D

Didn't Kuyt come with quite a good record too? He was useful for Liverpool but complete opposite of a goalscorer !!

122 in 261 in Holland. 69 in 271 since leaving.

But at least you could see the merit in Kuyt, he is a worker, he is not an awful footballer. Nothing about Altidore at all suggests to me he is a good footballer. He is at least a stone too heavy for a start.

Yeah he had a very good record. Just having a look at top goalscorers in the Eredivisie in the last 10 years; Kuyt, Huntelaar, Alves, Huntelaar, El Hamdaoui, Suarez, Vleminckx, Dost, Bony, Finnbogason. Kezman won the two before these 10.

Basically, there are some very good forwards to have come from the Dutch league - Altidore is not one of them :icon_lol:

Bas Dost :icon_lol:

The deluxe Maierhofer.

Wasn't Bas Dost linked with a move to Newcastle last year?

Is altidore not very good then?

There's too much beating around the bush here for me.

Most are undecided on him... :D

Wasn't Das Bost a German submarine?
Cracking film - The Drummer bought me the Director's Cut.

Just one question..why is your son called the drummer? Does he play the drums or is there a more interesting story to it?

Just one question..why is your son called the drummer? Does he play the drums or is there a more interesting story to it?

Who said he's my son?
You can't go revealing secrets like that!

It's far more interesting than that, and it started off during the civil war...
He was leading a small platoon along a lane just outside The Naul, when his men were set upon by a group of black and tans.
Under severe gunfire with only 3 of his men surviving, he started drumming. in the gathering gloom with wreaths of smoke mixing with fog, he knew there were reinforcements in the next village a mile or so down the lane, and although he was seriously injured and bleeding heavily he played his drum until the waiting reinforcements heard him and arrived on the scene and scattered the Tans into the woods and fields.

(Historical note - The Black and Tans were a force of Temporary Constables recruited to assist the Royal Irish Constabulary (RIC) during the Irish War of Independence)

I'm just delighted we have you guys talking about Jozy.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Back