• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

I thought you'd be excited at the prospect of Wolves signing an American player, Alan

I would be but I don't rate him. I'm all for him making me eat crow, however.

You don't see me singing the continued praises of Jamal Johnson!

Good old Jamal has scored more goals in this country than our friend Jozy...

He was before my time anyway. I saw him score a screamer on youtube for us against God knows who. I sort of assumed he was pretty poor other than that.

I've just looked at his record after leaving us. Horrific stuff.

He scored a belter against Sunderland at Molineux.

Got his other goals against Burnley and Luton, they were decent finishes as well (and we won them both 1-0). For what we paid and the points his three goals effectively earned us, he paid for himself with the gate money we made in the playoffs. Given that we had buttons to spend and virtually no time to build a squad, he was ok. Mick swiftly moved him on when he had more room to manoeuvre, no issue with that personally.

Do you mean Jemal Johnson ? the little bloke who scored the scorcher against Sunderland ?

Oh f#ck off you lot, I speed type as fast as Abu Hamza

I would be but I don't rate him. I'm all for him making me eat crow, however.

You don't see me singing the continued praises of Jamal Johnson!

That suggest he is going to be a very, very, very good player.

Just gonna leave these here:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUJHKix070

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_GoG0TDbpA

I like him more than any other American striker. He just made a stupid decision to sign with Stoke when he would be fisting MLS and would've been much higher up the pecking order of the USMNT.
At 21, he's got a lot of room to grow. I'd take a punt on him at this level because we could do a hell of a lot worse.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

No chance I'd take Agudelo over an Aron Johansson.

I liked Jamal Johnson's celebration after that screamer against Sunderland, ran straight over to his old manager Roy Keane to give him the big "fuck you" and slid on his knees I think.

Old manager? That was Keane's first job.

After watching the above video and reading Alan's opinion on him I'm now convinced that he's the best player in the world.

Seriously though, it looks like he's going to sign for us so I wish him luck. Gives us more cover for when Nouha is away for ACON and he can't be any worse than Clarke who now moves down to 4th choice and surely wont play for us again this season.

If this Cypriot clause really exists, redrow should build a load of £50k villas in paphos. The bricks and mortar don't matter to the player, just the set value to get a passport. So Carlos kickaball pays £2m for the villa and has a work permit, and wolves have £1.95m profit to a) run through the books as turnover for FFP purposes and b) pay Carlos for his wages during his stay.

Told you Machiavelli was a personal hero...

Some of the comments over on Facebook are laughable towards this. Typical Neanderthal responses.

Back