• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

It has been mentioned somewhere else on here this afternoon. Mirror transfer rumours are spectacularly unreliable. Villa need goals, Sako is at Midlands club, looks like his contract is running down - LINK HIM!!!!

It just won't happen unless they improve dramatically and we fall away from the promotion race.

In for Michael Smith from Swindon apparently. 23 years old, 6ft 4in, Product of Wallsend Boys Club and has scored 16 in 32 for Swindon.

What's KJs obsession with a big man? Dicko fits the system better than anyone else we have.

Maybe because you can't have Plan A and nothing else. A back up option that is a different way is not a bad thing surely?

No it's not. But currently, everything but plan A doesn't work. Maybe that's personnel, but I think we would do better signing a dicko upgrade rather than an alternative. Plan A is working, but unfortunately when a player is injured we have to change the plan completely rather than a new man coming in seamlessly

No it's not. But currently, everything but plan A doesn't work. Maybe that's personnel, but I think we would do better signing a dicko upgrade rather than an alternative. Plan A is working, but unfortunately when a player is injured we have to change the plan completely rather than a new man coming in seamlessly

I think they hoped Sagbo would fit into the Plan A, turns out he is bit a shite right now.
Liam can fit into it and has done before but for whatever reason he didn't do it yesterday.
Leon well, he is trying (very trying)

I dont think Liam is anywhere near ready. Not strong enough or quick enough and also lacking a lot of experience which showed. He's barely played any first team football at any level. We should have let him have a season in L1 and left him there.

Just not getting what Sagbo adds to be honest. Couple of times he did things that if Leon had done them instead he would got abuse from all angles. I know its hard to perform when you only get a small amount of time on the pitch but the fact he was placed behind Liam and then Leon for the role he was meant to be used for speaks volumes.

I think Jackett is getting his judgment clouded by trying to make Leon work. He's trying to convince himself that he will come good.

If we had started Sagbo yesterday we may have won. I don't think he could have done worse than Clarke or McAlindon

Just not getting what Sagbo adds to be honest. Couple of times he did things that if Leon had done them instead he would got abuse from all angles. I know its hard to perform when you only get a small amount of time on the pitch but the fact he was placed behind Liam and then Leon for the role he was meant to be used for speaks volumes.

That shanked volley (intended to go back across to Edwards) was proper village.

No point sending him back as we'd just have to sign someone else - may as well keep him here until the loan runs out.

Anyone would have struggled in mcallindons place first half - there was no support whatsoever.

For McAlindon to be judged fairly, we really need to see him playing with Sako-Edwards and Henry/VLP around him

“It’s obviously a recurrence and we don’t want that to develop into a problem. The strain on him, the workload on him and the responsibility - we have to share, so other players have to come to the fore. He’s a very fit lad and we are going to have to be very careful with him now.”

Wolves have a strong emphasis on pre-hab programmes to prevent or reduce the risk of injury which is why no risks will be taken to turn what is expected to be a short absence into a longer one.

Jackett says Dicko’s absence will continue to give the likes of Leon Clarke and the recalled Liam McAlinden a chance to stake his claim, whilst he will also monitor the market with any potential loan or then permanent arrivals in January.

“There’s a third of the season gone,” he said.

“Your assessment of your squad: where you are and what you need, is really important. “Everybody from the chairman down definitely feels we have an opportunity this season and it’s one we want to capitalise on.

“We are not too far away from where we want to be, we are not too far away from making it a successful season.

“Our decisions going forward are key: the decisions on the players we keep, the players we bring in, the players we let go are really big ones - whether that be before the window closes in three weeks or the January window.”

Read more at http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/20141104-team-news-for-ipswich-2061233.aspx#TiVYuUTdo0Pj5cD8.99
Taken from the official site. I've seen pages elsewhere bemoaning the "we all knew we needed a striker" which has started to get a bit repetitive & is descending into Morgan/Moxey bashing, as these things do.

I'm quite interested in what KJ is saying here. It strongly suggests to me that nothing will happen in the loan window, but we're looking for a striker in January. Of course, this means 8 weeks of Clarke/McAlinden/Sagbo. The article refers to this injury Dicko has as being recurring, therefore we want to make sure we do not rush him back.

There is also a reference to Golbourne's injury, & that being something which has existed for some time.

So, do we think KJ is waiting til January? If so, a return for Wood or similar? Will KJ compromise some of his previous in not caving in to demands from potential signings, as I have heard suggested? & if nothing happens in the loan window, how do we stop forum meltdowns regarding our striking options?

Back