• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

I actually think we'll sign Max Clayton and another one - probably Agard from the whispers but I'm still clinging to my Chris Wood hope by my fingertips

I actually think we'll sign Max Clayton and another one - probably Agard from the whispers but I'm still clinging to my Chris Wood hope by my fingertips
Leicester City are hopeful of signing another striker today so that could make Wood available. Clutching at straws.

I'm hearing Agard may now be more likely than Clayton.

I have no problem with this. Agard is a very similar player to Dicko so if Nouha gets injured we would have a player who can slot straight into the system (especially if it is working as well as last season) but if we need a "plan b" we still have Clarke

I'd be underwhelmed with Agard, he's just a poor mans Nouha Dicko. I don't see the point in signing him.

I'd be underwhelmed with Agard, he's just a poor mans Nouha Dicko. I don't see the point in signing him.

By yourself there, mate. Or certainly in a minority. I think he has bags of potential and fits our current recruitment process.

Clayton, Agard & Cooper IN with Wardy & possibly O'Hara/Doyle out would represent some very good work.

Agard tore us a new one at Molineux last season and looked anything but average

By yourself there, mate. Or certainly in a minority. I think he has bags of potential and fits our current recruitment process.

Clayton, Agard & Cooper IN with Wardy & possibly O'Hara/Doyle out would represent some very good work.

Agree with you both. At the New York Stadium, both Dicko and Agard gave our back 4 a torrid time, and Agard was excellent at Molineux on Good Friday. I'd be more than happy with Agard at Wolves.

Given the choice Agard or Clayton the majority of fans would choose Agard, suppose thats why we trust our staff to choose right.

Not so sure a poor man's Dicko but he's certainly very similar. Wood gives another option but not a back up to Dicko if he's injured. Agard can also play wide right/ left if necessary. Wouldn't mind picking up Agard, Clayton and a CB (not convinced Cooper is the way to go as the last lg2 defender we picked up has gone on loan to lg1).

Given the choice Agard or Clayton the majority of fans would choose Agard, suppose thats why we trust our staff to choose right.

Different types of player. Agard is a #9 Clayton is a #10.

Agard and Dicko looked great together at the New York Stadium. I'd be very happy with him.

I'm not saying he's a bad player btw, I was at the Rotherham game as well. It's just that he's very similar to Dicko and not as good. I'd prefer us to stick with McAlinden tbh.

I'm not saying he's a bad player btw, I was at the Rotherham game as well. It's just that he's very similar to Dicko and not as good. I'd prefer us to stick with McAlinden tbh.

I don't think McAlinden could do the job that Dicko does so it would be ideal to have a forward who could go straight into that role without us having to change formation should Dicko get injured AND have McAlinden as a change up. If he goes out on loan we need to put in a call back clause

All pre-season Jackett and Thelwell have talked about only signing players that are better than what we've got and that would improve the first team. When Thelwell was asked specifically about Agard he acknowledged that he was a good player but denied having bid for him as we already had similar players. I just don't see it happening.

“@OfficialWolves: Story to follow as Kenny Jackett confirms the club will speak to Crewe about the possibility of a deal for striker Max Clayton.”

An informal link with Crewe could be extremely useful, and definitely a sensible thing to discuss. Feeling pretty confident that we are going to get Clayton on board.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to loan him back for a time in my opinion along with a couple more talented young players.

I think Clayton is going to be pretty close to the first team looking at the talk. More likely to loan them McAlinden.

Not sure loaning him back would be a good idea as we only really have 1 striker at the moment.

Back