• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Yeah Jackett clearly rates him, Crewe want a million apparently? Would he cost that much if it went to a tribunal?

Crewe allegedly asked Sunderland for £1m who offered 250k in return, but he had a 'badly' injured ankle at the time.
We would do well to get this lad as there are rumoured to be several PL teams monitoring the situation. Hopefully he will be impressed with our set-up and personnel.
Problem is, he currently lives in Nantwich, so there are complications at every level.

Can't we just sign him, take them to the tribunal and let them give Crewe something paltry?

Agard was denied by Thelwell yesterday (the transfer not his existence) and if Villa have £5m to spend then so do I

Billy Sharp available on a free. He's not really my cup of tea but I wonder if we'd be interested. He does score goals (but fuck all else, SEB Lite)

Has George Elokobi joined Oldham Athletic, as there is an Elokobi amongst their substitutes for their game today?

even if he does cost a million surely a very good signing as long as hes well over his injury problems!

even if he does cost a million surely a very good signing as long as hes well over his injury problems!

A million in the grand scheme of things is nothing, especially if he turns out to be the talent we are told. If not, well we have wasted much more in the last 2 years on JoH, Johnson, Doumbia etc.

Have to question though why Sunderland were only prepared to go to £250k but they are willing to pay £14m for Borini, so maybe their judgement isn't the best.

A million in the grand scheme of things is nothing, especially if he turns out to be the talent we are told. If not, well we have wasted much more in the last 2 years on JoH, Johnson, Doumbia etc.

Have to question though why Sunderland were only prepared to go to £250k but they are willing to pay £14m for Borini, so maybe their judgement isn't the best.

Considering one was one of their most important players they had last season and the other is some no mark, free agent kid they plan on sticking into their development side i think the difference in what they want to spend makes rather more sense.

It was tongue in cheek after the 250k part.

How good is he meant to be? don't know a great deal about him but he seems to have 70 appearances and only 9 goals?

Billy Sharp available on a free. He's not really my cup of tea but I wonder if we'd be interested. He does score goals (but fuck all else, SEB Lite)
Yeah why not..goals are goals..that is what makes you win matches..poacher

Billy Sharp would be great back-up in our current position. I don't think McAlinden is ready yet and we need someone who is proven to score on a regular basis.

“We’re always looking to try and bring people in but I wouldn’t say we are desperate to get anyone in before the kick off,” says Jackett.

“For myself I have concentrated on the group that we have and out scouting department have been working away.

“If somebody does come in it will be planned – it won’t be a kneejerk reaction but something we have been looking at for a long time.

“But I’m not someone to say we are desperate for players before the start of the season because I have a lot of confidence in the players that we have.”

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/ready-and-waiting-040814-1801320.aspx#0LBz52K0jPjEi5YM.99

Back