• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

I would have agreed with you before today, and I know it is only a friendly but thought Evans had bulked up , was stronger on the ball and more mobile than Price. This could leave us more exposed though. To be honest I'd be relaxed either way

Have no problem with Evans taking the first shirt, just feel that Price has a better range of passes.

Will be interesting to see how both have moved on as a year is a long time at their age & stage of development

There's not much to choose between Evans and Price. Both very good players.

Personally I'd have Sako, Jacobs and van La Parra behind the striker but I'd be perfectly fine with Henry or Edwards being swapped for any of those 3. I love our depth in that area, we'll cause teams all sorts of problems this season no matter which 3 of the 5 KJ picks.

There's not much to choose between Evans and Price. Both very good players.

Personally I'd have Sako, Jacobs and van La Parra behind the striker but I'd be perfectly fine with Henry or Edwards being swapped for any of those 3. I love our depth in that area, we'll cause teams all sorts of problems this season no matter which 3 of the 5 KJ picks.

Danny Gabbidon? Really!

Can't see that this fits our current pattern, unless its just as defensive cover without having to lay out much money

Beginning to look like Patrick Bamford is heading to Middlesbrough. Whatever the official noises it's beginning to look like paying the Bomb Squad is adversely affecting ability to sign players.

I don't see how the Bomb Squad would affect us being able to sign Bamford. It'll be Chelsea who have the final say on where he goes surely? Maybe they just thought Karanka would be the best manager for him.

Kike and Bamford will be a good partnership next season. Boro will be very strong IMO, just signed James Husband as well.

We were in for him or was it just media talk?

If we were in for him maybe Chelsea have said its loan only, no transfer at the end of it. KJ was openly saying last week if they took loans they want them to be with a view to sign at the end or maybe Boro offered him a higher chance of starting each game.

I'm adding "Bomb Squad" to the swear filter as well......

I read something last week about a defender Chelsea have sent on loan to Boro, apparently he was there last season and Chelsea were happy with his development so sat the lad down and told him they thought it was best for him to spend another season there, perhaps that has done enough to persuade them that Bamford would also benefit from a spell on Teeside.

I read something last week about a defender Chelsea have sent on loan to Boro, apparently he was there last season and Chelsea were happy with his development so sat the lad down and told him they thought it was best for him to spend another season there, perhaps that has done enough to persuade them that Bamford would also benefit from a spell on Teeside.

Its that......or "we are doing on it the cheap again and showing no ambition again" (c) Twitter

Wonder what the fee is if they rejected £2m

Well we certainly let Solbaken piss a load up the wall.

Its that......or "we are doing on it the cheap again and showing no ambition again" (c) Twitter

I've hardly been on Twitter at all over the past month or so - I'm assuming a lot of people are showing the same lack of patience 'because we ay signed anyone yet'?

Many fans expect to have at least 6 new faces in by this time, it's the same everywhere, last seasons achievements become an irrelevance.
it could be worse, imagine being a Southampton fan, my Son lives down there and it ain't a happy place.

As with last season KJ will sign players when is ready to. I know he has tried hard to bring Wood in, and that is still ongoing, but he will not sign players for the sake of it.

Hull seem to be a tad surprised by Sheff Utd's comments

Sheffield United rejected an offer from the Club five days (Wednesday) ago for defender Harry Maguire. This was the Club’s final offer and we have since entered into discussions with other transfer targets.

In light of Sheffield United’s statement this morning the board will meet with manager Steve Bruce this afternoon to determine whether we now wish to pursue the transfer after the South Yorkshire club's apparent U-turn.

The Blades seem determined to try to hang to Maguire. I suppose they are hoping that if he starts the season for them, and they make a good start then he may well want to stay at Bramall Lane.

The Blades seem determined to try to hang to Maguire.

I think they have decided to cash in now. 5 days after they rejected a bid they have announced they have now accepted it (without telling the bidding club)

I think they have decided to cash in now. 5 days after they rejected a bid they have announced they have now accepted it (without telling the bidding club)

So now they are hoping some-one comes in with a higher bid. If they are not careful, Hull City and other interested parties may look elsewhere and Sheffield United could end up with egg on their faces.

Back