• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Wolves meanwhile have signed Conor Hunte who has joined the Under-21 group at the club.

The 17-year-old attacking midfielder has previously been with the Chelsea Academy, and first played for their Under-21 side at the age of 15.

He is also an England Under-17 international.

Taken from this article on Sellars -

www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/special-feature-scott-sellars-250714-1778087.aspx#5doiO0bVq0luj3wF.99

Just checking up on Hunte, it seems he has played on trial for various under 21 clubs this pre season including Norwich, Brighton and Millwall.
Wolves taking the plunge on a player previously linked to Man City and Man Utd and likened to Mesut Özil, he wont have come cheap.

Amazing!!

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star 17m
Just checking a report by @Comptonstars saying #Wolves have signed ex-Chelsea midfielder Conor Hunte for the U21s squad.

How about you check the Wolves site that announced it an hour or so ago.....and maybe the Wolves Twitter Account which did the same.

Wow. That is pretty special, even for Nash.

Hunte left Chelsea last year, so where has been the past season? Can't find anything

Heard Leicester agreed a loan bit from Bolton for Wood and Bamford is willing to stay at Chelsea...

Hunte left Chelsea last year, so where has been the past season? Can't find anything

All I can find is him being mentioned in a Millwall U21 match in April. Not sure how long he was with them.

Can't say that failing to impress Norwich and Brighton and Millwall fills me with confidence about him.

Same thought as Alan..hope im wrong

Can't say that failing to impress Norwich and Brighton and Millwall fills me with confidence about him.

Football can be a bit of a village though can't it? "If Dave says he's got a bad attitude we'd better not take a chance on him."
This was a player wanted by Liverpool and Man Utd - let's give the lad a chance and let's trust the Wolves set-up to get the best out of him. Which of us hasn't done something stupid as a teenager?

Oh, I don't mean to slate him or write him off or anything. I'll just be surprised if anything comes of it. Nothing against him personally. It's entirely possible he didn't sign with them because of wage demands or similar.

Back