• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Hopefully the Jackett factor will win through for us.

Think there are quite a few question marks over Powell's attitude. Wigan fans seemed to think he was quite lazy I think. I like Wilson too but I can't see us signing anyone on loan that we can't sign long term. That said Powell is probably quite a bit down the pecking order now with all the signing they are making

Have to say that when I saw Wigan play while he was there he reminded of me of Connor Wickham; big, strong, with slightly above average ability to make the ball stick, but not really looking all that dangerous.

He's a completely different type of player to Wickham

Just saying what he looked like to me. Maybe I'm mistaking him for someone else?

James Wilson and Nick Powell have both been left out of Man Utd's pre-season tour. Would love either or both of them here.

Wilson looked lethal vs our U21's last season. Natural finisher. I'd love to have either of them at Wolves, although I don't think we need any more central midfielders so Powell would just be a luxury.

Just saying what he looked like to me. Maybe I'm mistaking him for someone else?

You must be. Only Wigan player I can think of that fits your description is Grant Holt.

Powell is a very talented footballer

He's just a big lump. We don't play long aerial balls so I can't see how he's going to make any impact.

He went off to Barnsley on loan and scored a few at the end last season didn't he? But don't really see his as our type of player under KJ.
Just checked stats - 4 goals in 14 appearances for Barnsley. 6' 3" though for those people who like "a big man up top"

He went off to Barnsley on loan and scored a few at the end last season didn't he? But don't really see his as our type of player under KJ.
Just checked stats - 4 goals in 14 appearances for Barnsley. 6' 3" though for those people who like "a big man up top"

His 4 goals were against Blackburn, Donny (x2) and Derby. 3 out of the 4 were at the start of the spell. He was on the bench a lot for Barnsley and didn't even make their matchday squad for the final game. He got 0 assists, so clearly he didn't make much difference as a "big man up top".

Yeah I still think if it happens it'll be a loan to start with at least

I know Proschwitz from his time in Germany. He is just a big striker who waits for his chances. His finishing abilities aren't that great, either. He had only one good season with Paderborn. Hopefully we won't sign him!

+1

And possibility of a permanent deal as Chelsea will only want to sign more forwards in the future

The cynic in me suggests this was a manufactured headline:

E&S Hack: So Kenny do you think Bamford from Chelsea is a good player?

KJ: Yes

E&S Hack: And Chris Wood is a player you admire?

KJ: Chris is an excellent player, but I think players deserve a chance to play at the highest level with their parent clubs first before looking lower down the pyramid.

E&S Hack: Would you sign either of them?

KJ: Contracts are always the sticking point

E&S Hack: But it's a possibility if you get them on loan?

KJ: Loans have worked for us in the past.

The E&S then run a headline: Bamford and Wood on KJ's radar.

How would Kenny Jackett manage the squad with extra strikers, if for example we added Bamford would he feel inclined to select him in a system with two up front or maybe a front three.
Whats Dicko's injury record?

Back